At FortisAlberta we invest in our greatest resource – our people. As Alberta’s largest electricity distribution provider, we are positioned for growth. Each day, FortisAlberta employees strive to exceed customer expectations while maintaining a focus on our commitment to safety.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 24, 2023
TITLE: Part-Time Customer Service Representative (U23-348)
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service
WORK LOCATION/OFFICE: Airdrie
STATUS: 02 PT Permanent - Hrly
NUMBER OF HIRES: 16
Why Join Our Team?
At FortisAlberta, our employees matter. We work in a customer-focused and team-oriented environment where the safety of our employees and communities is paramount, our customers’ needs are a top priority and the reliability of their electricity service is critical. By joining the FortisAlberta family, you will become part of a collaborative and communicative culture, one that is respectful of our history, while focused on the future and the opportunities it brings. At FortisAlberta, we power Alberta communities and empower our people to do their best work.
What You’ll be Doing:
As a Customer Service Representative, you are a FortisAlberta ambassador with a desire for problem solving and helping others. You are an enthusiastic, hardworking individual with a positive attitude who can listen to and assess our customer needs while thriving in a fast-paced environment. As front-line support, you will be well trained with a strong command of the Company’s customer service and industry-related policies that are critical in offering quick and accurate assistance to our customers. You champion the FortisAlberta brand and are committed to delivering exceptional customer service.
Note: Candidates must reside in Alberta on the start date to be considered.
How you’ll succeed:
- Efficiently and accurately resolve customer inquiries.
- Create work orders from information received by customers, retailers or internal sources.
- Maintain effective inter-departmental relationships.
- Capture and summarize customer interaction details accurately.
- Manage customer emergency situations safely and effectively.
- Proactively communicate and identify opportunities for process and customer experience improvement.
- Escalate issues that require tracking, follow up and resolution.
What we’re Looking for:
- You put our customers first. You find the right solutions and engage with purpose. You go the extra mile, because its’ the right thing to do.
- You engage with empathy. You care about people and understand different perspectives.
- You’re committed to growth. You love to learn and are passionate about growing your knowledge and developing your skills.
- You’re driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals, believing in continuous improvement, and delivering your best to make an impact.
- You take initiative. You seek to understand the big picture business goals. You share your ideas and contribute to the success of the organization.
- You’re passionate about people. You build long-term quality relationships; you will create strong rapport with your team members and build trust through respect and authenticity.
- Values and integrity matter to you. You value teamwork, trust, and accountability.
Education and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers
- Exceptional communication and listening skills with the ability to identify customer needs
- Readiness to collaborate and work as part of dynamic team.
- An aptitude for forward-thinking and leveraging technology.
- Demonstrated ability in sound judgment, critical thinking & problem solving.
- Attention to detail with a commitment to accuracy.
- A focus on delivering a personal experience to our customers.
What we offer:
- A High School diploma is required.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree would be considered an asset.
- Extensive customer service experience is considered an asset.
- Six weeks of full-time, paid training (in person at Airdrie office)
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation and an option to participate in an employee share purchase plan.
- Remote work arrangement available as per FortisAlberta’s Remote Work Policy.
- Excellent career development. Developing employees is an integral part of our culture. We focus on our employees’ success by fostering a continuous learning environment and offering programs to support your personal and professional growth.
- Work in a place that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity.
- Candidates must reside in Airdrie, Alberta or surrounding area.
TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION: Please submit your resume via the button below: "Apply"
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
If you receive an error message when applying, please contact the system administrator at: [email protected]