Location: 1789 Harvey Avenue, suite 214, Kelowna, BC V1Y 6G4
Salary: $45.00 per hour/35 hours per Week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time, 35 hours per Week
Employment Group: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Employment Conditions: Day, Evening, Morning
2 years to less than 3 years
– Representing and acting as an agent of Pacific Coast Contracting Ltd by negotiating prices and agreements with suppliers; Maintain relationships with current suppliers while developing relationships with new material providers.
– Maintaining a database of approved suppliers of Pacific Coast Contracting Ltd; Contacting suppliers regarding adjustments, incorrect materials, deliveries, etc.
– Meeting budget for construction raw materials related purchases and processing all related paperwork.
– Forecasting procurement needs, this will include using monthly usage historical and forecasted sales and project requirements and stages.
– Managing authority over the PCC’s Procurement and Logistics operations.
– The Shipping, Purchasing, and Order Entry roles are supervised by this position.
– Establish and Maintain Company Price Lists (manage vendors to ensure the best combination of quality, price, and suitability of purchased items is upheld to meet the PCC’s operational requirements)
– Communicating with supply receiving personnel to ensure materials are meeting the quality standards of its intended use; Conduct meetings with vendors, obtaining quotations, negotiating prices and delivery dates.
– Placing orders and selecting proper sources of supplies, commodities, and materials to ensure most economical deliveries, etc.
– Locating new sources of supplies as necessary and keeping abreast of market and material conditions.
– Maintaining pricing and item file to keep system up to date and accurate.
– Contract Negotiation and Execution; Negotiate and review construction contracts for accuracy and acceptable language; Prepare and execute contracts and plan timely payments and deposits.
– Review and approve specific project invoices and payments.
– Ensure staff including the project managers adheres to Pacific Coast Contracting Ltd.’s policies.
– Assist the upper management in all aspects of Procurement as necessary.
– Performing other duties as assigned by the management.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Attention to detail
Dependability, Judgement, Organized, Team player
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC V1Y 6G4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- purchasing: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person