JOB DESCRIPTION – Abbotsford, BC
EggSolutions-Vanderpols Inc. formally known as Vanderpols Eggs, began in 1952 by Willem Vanderpol Sr. who was selling eggs door to door in the great Vancouver region. The Vanderpols opened their own egg grading operation in Surrey, BC in 1957. In 1959, Vanderpol’s Eggs Ltd. Was incorporated and introduced the first in-line washers in BC! Vanderpol’s Eggs entered the processing business to provide added value to surplus market eggs that would otherwise been waste. In 1968, Vanderpol’s Eggs purchased pasteurizers to ensure quality of liquid egg products. 1984 brought expansion where a plant to make powder eggs, salted yolks and lysozyme was purchased. Partnering with Canadian Inovatech and expanding lysozyme markets in 1993. In 1998, Vanderpol’s Eggs co-developed an enzyme modified yolk for heat-stable sauce and dressings. 2005 is when Vanderpol’s Eggs received Organic Certification when they introduced Organic Liquid Egg Whites for retail and Food Service markets. Since 2017, EggSolutions-Vanderpols Inc. was formed as a partnership. In all we do at EggSolutions-Vanderpols, we try to make good, better!
R&D and Processing Technician utilizes his/her specialized knowledge and expertise to take a lead role in the research, development and creation of new products and improve the existing process for EggSolutions - Vanderpols Inc. This position will also be actively involved in the production area to ensure that the process has been implemented correctly in the plant. The R&D and Processing Technician is a leader in research and development and does provide support to production departments as required.
The role of this position includes but is not limited to the following:
- Develop new products based on new product development forms and process.
- Validate and verify scale up runs for new products.
- Coordinate and execute of scale up trails.
- Design shelf-life testing.
- Collect data and generate nutritional information.
- Research on regulations pertaining to new products.
- Analyze, identify, recommend and implement solutions.
- Set up sensory evaluation.
- Perform application/functional tests, analytical tests and develop new testing methods, applications.
- Work with cross-functional teams and sales to provide technical support to customers.
- Provide ongoing research and technical support.
- Follow SOP’s, write and update SOP’s.
- Analyze, identify, recommend and implement solutions for products.
- Bachelor of Food Science with five years relevant work experience.
- Minimum two years relevant experience, including lab experience.
- Strong research abilities and technical skills including formulations.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work proficiency using computer applications.
- Organizational skills and ability to pay attention to details.
- Verbal and written communication.
HEALTH, SAFETY, AND ENVIRONMENTAL
- Work in compliance with divisional and legislative health, safety and environmental procedures
- Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding unless hazardous energies are controlled through lockout-tagout methods
- Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts
- Report defect in any equipment or protective device
- Ensure that the required protective equipment is used for the assigned tasks
- Participate in all required health, safety and environmental training
- Report any accidents/incidents to supervisor
- Assist in investigating accidents/incidents
- Refrain from engaging in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct
EggSolutions-Vanderpols Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we continue do our best to ensure we are protecting the safety of our employees, customers, and business operations as much as possible.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,203.00-$56,503.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC V2T 5W5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- R&D Tech: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person