We are a well-established and busy Chiropractic office located in the City of Steinbach. We are looking for a Junior Chiropractic Assistant to join our team. The intention is that the right person will learn, grow and advance to a higher level position in the company. Training will be provided.
In your role, you will report to and work in a supportive capacity with the Business Manager. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Greeting patients upon arrival
- Directing patients into treatment rooms
- Cleaning treatment rooms in-between patients
- Collecting and processing payments for services provided
- Data and transaction entry into electronic health records software
- Scanning documents into electronic health records software
- Photocopying and filing
- Entering patient information into x-ray system
- Preparing patient forms and readying patient charts for the day’s appointments
- Balancing cash at the end of each day and preparing weekly bank deposits
- Performing general administrative tasks as delegated by the Business Manager
- Maintaining an organized and clean office environment
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field. Preference given to candidates with administrative assistant certification or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year front desk administrative experience. Having customer service experience in addition would be an asset.
- Openness to learning is a definite must
- Must be adept with computers including using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Basic understanding of general office equipment like copiers, scanners and point-of-sale machines
- Ability to enter data accurately and efficiently. Solid typing speed/skills (min 40 wpm with 90% accuracy) needed
- Ability to multi-task without sacrificing work quality
- Neat and legible handwriting
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Basic business math knowledge
- Ability to focus and work well under pressure
- Capacity for retaining high volumes of information
- Reliable and punctual
- Completely comfortable engaging with the public on a daily basis
This full-time position is approximately 30 hours per week(may increase over time for the right candidate) and flexibility is essential as early mornings (645am) on Mondays & Fridays, evenings Tuesdays & Thursdays (until approx. 630pm) and split shifts on Mondays & Wednesdays are required. But, early finish on Fridays (1pm) and no weekends required. You must be available to work all shifts. Applicants must live within 15-20 minutes from the office and have their own reliable transportation due to the nature of our split shifts. We offer a competitive wage and health benefits after 3 months. This position is not suitable to students currently in or returning to school.
Email a cover letter outlining why you are interested in the position and would make a good candidate along with your resume to our Business Manager, Donna, at [email protected]. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. We thank all those who apply but only those chosen for the next stage in our hiring process will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Have you thoroughly read the job ad and provided everything required to apply?
- Are you able to work early mornings (645am start), evenings (until 630pm) and split shifts?
- Do you have a typing speed of at least 40 wpm and 90% accuracy?
- Do you live within 15-20 minutes from our office and have reliable transportation?
- Front desk administrative: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person