Aeon Youth Services is a small business in Kamloops, BC. We are a supportive and collaborative organization that strives to care for our clients, communities and team members.
Please check out our website for more information.
Our work environment includes:
- Provided Food
- Growth opportunities
- Wellness programs
- Consistent team members
Aeon Youth Services is a dynamic organization that provides care through a relationship-centric model. We work with our youth, our employees, our partners and our community to increase cultural awareness, community involvement, and develop healthy and meaningful connections with all involved. Aeon aims to support through appropriate cultural experiences, continuing education, and forward-thinking training.
Provide emotional, physical and social support while delivering a high standard of care to youth. Our support workers will promote the advancement of life-skills, foster cultural and community connections, and assist with daily routines while maintaining a functioning household. Team members will work in small, tight-knit groups, requiring strong interpersonal and social skills. The duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of the youth
- Engaging and interacting with the youth
- Assisting the youth with medication
- Transporting the youth in a company-provided vehicle and ensuring the safe operation of the vehicle
- Household duties like cleaning, cooking, and shoveling snow.
- A diploma in Human Services or a related field and/or experience working with youth at risk and/or appropriate life experience
- 1 year+ experience is an asset
- Prior experience or education is a benefit, but we also consider candidates with more general life experience and a willingness to learn new skills.
- OFA Level 1 with CPR
- CPI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training) - paid training
- Approved criminal record check (processed by the Centralized Screening HUB)
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers Licence or out of Province/Country equivalent
- Considered candidates will be requried to submit a clean driving abstract
- Documentation skills (maintaining records and computer use)
- Reliable transportation
- If during the previous five years you have lived outside Canada for more than six months, an out of country criminal record check is required
Only prospective employees will be contacted
Industry: Health Care
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time and Casual
Salary: $500.00 - $530.00 per day
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $500.00-$530.00 per day
Work Location: In person