Alair Homes is the fastest growing residential construction company partnership in North America. Our locally owned and operated Victoria location is seeking applications from enthusiastic and motivated persons to fill an opening for a Construction Project Manager for our Custom Home division.
A competitive salary, performance bonus/profit sharing program and benefits package including vehicle allowance will be offered based on experience and qualifications.
Project Manager Requirements:
- Provide excellent customer service at all times to ensure we create a “raving fan” with each and every client
- Maintain constant communication with your management team. Communicate daily as needed via phone, email, or text message
- Work collaboratively with the team and have a complete understanding of expectations for each project
- Expected to stay up to date on new building technologies, materials and practices
- Responsible for job site safety, security and cleanliness on a daily basis
- Expected to be familiar with all current building codes
- Follow the safety policy and keep the company and sub trades working within Worksafe BC legislative guidelines
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with Designer/ Architect and Homeowners and during the early stages of the project to determine feasibility of execution.
- Manage client budget to ensure expectations are set realistically and maintained through planning phase.
- Create and issue accurate and detailed scopes of work to qualified vendors and subtrades for project costing.
- Prepare accurate and defensible planning and construction schedules with appropriate contingencies for weather, delays, material shortages, etc.
- Understand and apply risk management to costing, scheduling, and client expectations.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding work being performed efficiently.
- Perform onsite tasks (general carpentry) to assist team when required
- Assist team with operating responsibilities such as leading team meetings, creating and editing scopes of work, best practices, safety protocol, organizing tools, building site signage.
- Perform Project Manager, Estimator and Safety Manager duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractors have corrected all deficiencies identified.
- Must be able to understand and interpret architectural and structural plans.
- Strong mathematical skills including calculating percentages and square footage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including effective conflict resolution. Must be able to honestly address issues in a timely manner and not be afraid of difficult conversations.
- Excellent computer skills, comfortable with MS Office, Adobe Pro, Sharepoint, etc.
- Thorough and attentive to details with ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Being proactive and deadline-oriented.
Tools & Equipment:
- Provide own vehicle capable of carrying tools and supplies (pickup preferred)
- Provide basic hand and power tools to carry out onsite tasks
- Up to date laptop
- Cell phone with data plan
Required Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in residential construction carpentry.
- In-depth knowledge of high end residential new construction and renovation
- 5+ years in a supervisory or management position.
- Experience with large and small scale residential renovations, structural experience (site work to finishing) as well as new construction.
- Class 5 drivers license
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Construction Management Diploma or Equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- First Aid Ticket
- Familiar and competent with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Sharepoint
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Victoria, BC V9B 3V4