B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Canada, Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Columbia, Finland, and Uzbekistan. This year, B2Gold forecasts gold production to be 1,000,000- 1,080,000 ounces.
Administrative Assistant to the General Manager, Goose Site.
Reporting to the General Manager, Goose Site, this position is based in the Edmonton Office.
- Support the General Manager, Goose Site with organizing and prioritizing work schedules to facilitate efficient use of time, including: scheduling meetings, populating calendars, and coordinating travel arrangements as required. Exercise discretion in committing time and evaluating needs while adjusting priorities;
- Document creation and control, data entry, and general clerical duties relating to the project;
- Identify emerging issues to determine urgency and priorities, and compile background information for timely and appropriate decisions and/or action required by the General Manager, Goose Site;
- Serve as a point of contact for the General Manager, Goose Site;
- Support achievement of strategic goals and objectives through forward planning and time management;
- Prioritize and prepare incoming and outgoing memoranda, submissions, and reports for final review. Coordinate with all departments regarding required documentation of work for General Manager, Goose Site;
- Maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information, financial documents, and personal matters;
- Forward announcements or notices to appropriate project groups; and
- Promote and support B2Gold Nunavut’s safety policies and procedures.
- Five (5) years of experience in a senior administrative/support role, working in a fast-paced work environment with complex organizational structure (preference given to those with experience working on a remote site with limited access to resources);
- Certified Administrative Professional (CCAP) or related post-secondary education/designations considered an asset;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Pro, SharePoint, and MS Teams combined with a high-level attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
The starting annual salary for this role is $78,000.00.
B2Gold Nunavut offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge, and skills, plus a group benefits package for employees and their dependents.
Kitikmeot Inuit, Nunavut Inuit, and Residents receive priority hiring consideration, if one these categories applies, please state it after the reference number in the subject line. We thank all for their interest but are only considering applicants with working rights in Canada.
B2Gold Nunavut prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives, and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold Nunavut values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
The B2Gold Back River Corp. owned Back River Project is a significant undertaking with contributions from both B2Gold Nunavut and valued Contractors. Although we appreciate your interest in working for B2Gold Nunavut directly; if you are not selected for employment with B2Gold Nunavut or we have no current work available that is suitable for your skill set, B2Gold Nunavut may share your application material with our contractors for positions that they are seeking to fill. If you do not want your resume shared, please indicate so in the subject line of your email and we will retain a copy of your application material for our internal records only.
We will retain application material on file for future vacancies (openings within 6-12 months) for consideration; however, you are encouraged to apply to any opening you may be suited for. If selected to move forward a member of our team will be in touch.
This post will remain open until 12:00AM MST September 28th, 2023, unless a suitable candidate is not found. We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Nunavut; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.