In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Breast Imaging, the Technologist, Screening Mammography, is responsible for the provision of routine screening mammography and related procedures, in accordance with the Screening Mammography Program of British Columbia (SMPBC) standards as established in departmental policies and procedures.
Graduation from a recognized school of Radiology Technology and successful completion of mammography courses, such as Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) Mammography I and 2.
Eligible for membership in the CAMRT in accordance with the Canadian Association of Radiologists - Mammography Accreditation Program (CAR-MAP) standards.
One (1) year recent related experience performing breast imaging, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of mammography protocols, applications, and equipment with an understanding of the principles of mammography including positioning, pathology, digital mammography and quality control as well as related patient care techniques.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Physical ability to meet the requirements of the job.
- Ability to operate related equipment, such as a computer.