The Healthy & Safe Communities Department is committed to its people and is dedicated to building a strong and healthy community. We are passionate about making a difference and are recognized for our excellence. We offer a respectful and supportive workplace that provides life-long learning opportunities, leadership, innovation and performance excellence.
We are looking for high performing public servants who are interested in experiencing a challenging, rewarding, enjoyable, and fulfilling career. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to provide excellent client service in a respectful, courageous, empathetic, just and ethical manner. Your ability to set and achieve personal goals, professional goals and contribute to the goals of the organization will result in high job satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reports to the Supervisor of Housekeeping and Laundry Services. Performs housekeeping duties at Macassa or Wentworth Lodge.
Clean sinks, toilets, urinals, mirrors, towel dispensers, windows and other furnishings
Sweep and mop floors and stairs; vacuum carpets.
Empty and clean waste containers.
Clean walls, light covers, venetian blinds, vents, doors, and radiators within arm's reach.
Lift, carry and move supplies and furnishings.
Operate equipment such as vacuums and carpet sweepers.
Clean equipment, replacing vacuum bags; reports malfunctions.
Report building and equipment repairs.
Replenish cleaning and paper supplies.
Water flowers and plants.
Respond to emergency evacuations by transporting able and disabled residents.
Work in accordance with the provisions of applicable Health and Safety legislation and all City of Hamilton corporate and departmental policies and procedures related to Occupational Health and Safety.
Perform other duties as assigned which are directly related to the major responsibilities of the job.
- Previous cleaning experience normally acquired through a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Previous cleaning experience working in a health-care facility is preferred.
- Previous experience operating equipment such as vacuums, carpet sweepers and mops in a health care facility.
- Must be physically capable of lifting up to 15 kilograms and pushing/ pulling using up to 14.4 kilograms of force.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and relate to peers and seniors in a Long Term Care facility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cleaning methods, infection control procedures, materials and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to absorb a suitable course of in-service training.
As a condition of employment, the successful applicant(s) will be required to obtain a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check or Vulnerable Sector Screening, at their own expense, prior to beginning work in this position.
THE INCUMBENT SHALL COMPLY WITH ALL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICIES AND PRACTICES FOR THIS POSITION AND THE WORKPLACE
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *