Emil Anderson Construction - Join Our Gold Seal Certified Team
Manager- Drill and Blast
Emil Anderson Construction (EAC) Inc. is a multi-disciplined General Contractor with diverse capabilities including road building, aggregate production, underground utilities, drilling and blasting rock, asphalt paving, bridge building, concrete construction, dam construction, industrial construction and land development. Being a fully integrated contractor with the ability to self-perform most or all aspects of a project is one of our key strengths. EAC is a leader in the British Columbia construction industry, and a founding member of the BC Road Builders and Heavy Construction Association (established in 1967) Our commitment to excellence and professionalism has earned us the esteemed recognition of being a Gold Seal certified employer in the construction industry.
We are seeking an experienced Drill & Blast Manager to join our team to provide overall leadership, strategy, and management of the Drill & Blast division in accordance with the company’s Core Values.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Operate in accordance too and uphold Emil Anderson Group (EAG) Core Values in all aspects of your work.
- Uphold an unwavering commitment to developing a zero-injury culture and meeting the corporate Paving the Way to Zero goals.
- Execute assigned responsibilities and comply with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements, and company policies as defined in the Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Program.
- Leading, Managing, Modeling & Developing Culture, and holding people Accountable (LMCA).
- Supervise and mentor direct reports
- Required to assist in the Field or Office depending on project requirements, including operations outside of the Okanagan
- Proactively manage positive client and industry relationships.
- Monitor market conditions to optimize margins, while securing the required volumes per the one-year plan.
- Identify opportunities, estimate, and negotiate work.
- Oversee all elements of the Drill and Blast operations, including subcontractors for the EAG group of companies
- Plan and coordinate labour requirements with the Construction Manager - Provincial, and other project requirements. Submit new hire labour requests to the applicable unions. - Understand
- the applicable Union collective agreement requirements and manage craft workforce in compliance with the agreements.
- Plan and coordinate equipment requirements with the Construction Manager - Provincial and Emil Anderson Equipment (EAE) based on scope of work and geography. Submit equipment requisitions to EAE.
- Manage mines permitting and mines planning as it pertains to quarrying, rock cut operations and, potentially, MOTI gravel pits.
Demonstrated experience confirming personal values align with all EAG Core Values.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in Drill and blast operations including management of multiple crews
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in estimating of Drill and blast operations
- Exceptional leadership and client/industry relationship management skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Urban and Highway drill/blast operations, large volume earth moving operations and Quarry work
- Strong communication skills, including written.
- Valid Surface Blasting Ticket an asset
The salary range for this position will be discussed during the interview stage, taking into consideration candidate qualifications and experience.
Emil Anderson Group is an equal opportunity employer, in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, performance management, promotions, and benefits. We base such decisions solely on job-related qualifications, skills, and abilities without regard to race, nationality, ethnicity, color, gender, political affiliation, religion/belief system, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, age, diverse ability, or any other characteristic.