The Thermal Packaging Lab Technician is responsible for conducting testing projects in the Cold Chain packaging laboratory, calibration and maintenance of equipment, sample preparation and inventory.
The TempAid Division of Rapid Aid (www.tempaid.net) designs and manufactures temperature controlled packaging. We are looking for a person that can work independently on laboratory projects in support of the design of new cold chain systems. This involves packing insulated containers with temperature probes and operating environmental chambers. The candidate must have strong communications skills for creation of written laboratory reports and presentations including charts with drawings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing thermal laboratory testing using standard testing methods including the utilization of Thermal Testing Chambers.
- Executing cold chain packaging qualification methods including OQ, IQ and PQ testing.
- Experience using CAD, FEA, SolidWorks or other analysist software
- Helping create additions to the Cold Chain packaging product line.
- Preparing prototypes and measuring equipment for testing based upon the testing schedule.
- Creating documents involved with laboratory testing including lab reports, testing worksheets, and technical drawings.
- Performing calibration and preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment and measuring devices.
- Working on projects in conjunction with other members of the Rapid Aid team including research and development, new products, and developing new testing methods.
- Assisting in the training of new laboratory employees.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor of Degree in a technical field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Laboratory experience is required.
· Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is required.
· Knowledge of ISTA testing procedures is preferred.
Knowledge of SolidWorks is preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Laboratory: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person