Galaxy Motors is the largest Used Vehicle dealer on Vancouver Island with five locations - Victoria, Westshore, Duncan, Nanaimo and Courtenay.
Since its founding on the Island in 1990, Galaxy Motors has been committed to delivering exceptional quality and customer service. As a family-owned and operated company, we have a long-standing commitment to supporting the community.
Our organization currently employs over 150 hard-working and dedicated individuals. We encourage career growth through continuous training and professional development. Galaxy Motors is constantly growing and looking for individuals who can contribute to our business operations today and into the future. We provide highly competitive compensation plans and offer extended health and dental benefits to our employees. We welcome you to join our dynamic and innovative team.
The Finance Manager is a professional, customer-orientated, and self-motivated individual responsible for finalizing vehicle sales contracts while simultaneously setting up extended service contracts and insurance arrangements. The primary responsibility includes meeting with customers to determine and meet their needs for additional services including warranty, insurance, and financing. Reporting directly to the GSM, the Financial Services Manager works closely with all areas of the business to ensure effective interdepartmental communication, timely completion of paperwork and customer service excellence.
- Present extended service contracts and other owner protection packages to customers during the completion of the vehicle sale
- Build relationships with customers in order to discover customer needs and requirements
- Increase revenue by selling value-added products and services to customers including warranty, insurance and other financial services plans
- Complete the required documentation and administrative duties between the sales floor and financing department
- Ensure all legal documentation is sent and received between the dealership and financial institutions
- Arrange customer financing by communicating with lenders and financial institutions
- Review customers’ credit applications for accuracy and match customers to financial sources if necessary
- Maintain frequent communication and coordination among all necessary departments
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned or modified as necessary throughout the course of your employment.
Social Skills & Requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and maintain professionalism during high-volume periods
- Detail-orientated and conscientious work ethic
- Self-driven to work independently with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to handle customer inquiries and concerns
Technical Skills & Requirements
- Minimum two years of experience as a sales professional or business office manager is required
- Previous automotive dealership experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of consumer credit reports for customer loan approval
- Dealertrack & PBS knowledge are considered an asset
- Strong proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Commitment to continuous learning to update industry knowledge including financial services offerings and sales procedures
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person