About KINTON RAMEN
Established in May 2012, KINTON RAMEN was one of Toronto’s first Japanese ramen restaurants. Led by Executive Chef Aki Urata and his team of professional ramen chefs, KINTON RAMEN strives to offer guests an extraordinary dining experience every time. Using the freshest ingredients to make the best quality noodles and broths, KINTON RAMEN invites customers to taste their exceptional ramen bowls right down to the last drop.
We are currently looking for a Part-time server!
8099 Weston Rd, Vaughan, ON L4L 0C1
$16.55/hour + tips (if applicable)
- Greet all guests and present menus
- Prepare restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order
- Make recommendations and answer all related inquiries
- Take orders from guests and place into POS
- Serve food & beverage items as ordered in a timely fashion
- Clear dishes and replenish washed serviceware for FOH station
- Prepare and stock all service items including maintaining assigned par levels
- Prepare checks, process transactions and guest payments when required
- Maintain dining room to ensure the utmost visual appeal and Brand alignment
- Comply and action all health, food safety and hygiene standards and policies
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience is an asset
- Secondary School Education or equivalent proven and related work experience
- Responsible Alcohol Service certifications as required (i.e., Smart Serve, Serving It Right, Proserve)
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong communication skills in English; Japanese and French are considered as asset
- Positive attitude and excellent customer-oriented approach
- Energetic – ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player – assist in a positive guest experience however necessary
- Sponsorship to foreign workers who qualify for the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will be considered.
Aside from working at the best Japanese Ramen spot in Canada, you can participate in our:
- Staff discount across all Kinka Family group restaurants globally (KINKA IZAKAYA, KINTON RAMEN, JaBistro, NEO COFFEE BAR, KINTORI YAKITORI)
- Staff meals
- Referral Program
- Flexible shift schedules available
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires standing for up to 8 hours per shift, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and climbing all day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position also requires lifting up to 25lbs from floor to waist, waist to shoulder and shoulder to above head. This position also required twisting, turning, and reaching.
About KINKA FAMILY
Founded in 2009, KINKA FAMILY was born from our passion to revolutionize Japanese hospitality experiences and to bring original and flavourful Japanese food to the world. Today, we’re recognized as Canada’s largest Japanese restaurant brand, operating a diverse portfolio of restaurants and cafés around the world.
We have several brands under our umbrella and each brand is unique in its concept to bring guests on a unique culinary journey unlike any other. As we look ahead, our standards for excellence in our food and service continue to be our guiding vision so that we can give our guests the best Japanese food experience.
Diversity & Inclusion
KINKA FAMILY invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation for interviews or other meetings, please feel welcome to note your needs in your application.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $16.55 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person