We're on a mission to reinvent the way people buy, sell, and own cars. Are you game?
Clutch is Canada's largest online used car retailer, delivering a seamless, hassle-free car buying and selling experience to drivers everywhere. Customers can browse hundreds of cars from the comfort of their home, get the right one delivered to their door, and enjoy peace of mind with our 10-Day Money-Back Guarantee… and that's just the beginning.
Named two years in a row to the Globe & Mail's list of the Top Growing Companies in Canada and also awarded spots on Deloitte's Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ lists, we're looking to add curious, hard-working, and driven individuals to our growing team.
Headquartered in Toronto, Clutch was founded in 2017 and currently services Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors, including D1 Capital, Canaan, Real Ventures, BrandProject, and BMO. To learn more, visit clutch.ca.
About the Role:
Clutch is looking for an Assistant General Manager to join our East Coast team! You are a strong manager with experience managing multiple aspects of an operation and able to drive change and improvement on your teams, quickly and efficiently with a constant view on company targets and goals.
In this position, you will manage production and field operations teams. Working alongside the regional general manager, executing on operational efficiencies, growing sales and adapting team processes to support the companies growth in the market.
What you'll do:
- Deliver world class automotive retail operations within Atlantic Canada, managing all aspects of local operations and optimizing for efficiency
- Own and achieve growth goals, driving execution to boost inventory turnover, customer satisfaction, and revenue in a highly competitive and fragmented market
- Strengthen and grow the Clutch brand in Atlantic Canada
- Synthesize market feedback and recommendations for HQ
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor performance
- Recruit, build, and motivate a thriving ops team - you will define hiring needs and lead the local hiring process
- Collaborate and share best practices internally within Clutch to build for scale across the organization
- Come up with your own projects and execute them with team support
- Manage a full local team unassisted
- As a member of Clutch's leadership team, you will work closely with central functions (marketing, product, engineering and finance) to ensure that all efforts are lined up to drive impact on customers in the Atlantic Canada market
What we're looking for:
- Optimistic leader with a track record of success
- University graduate in relevant field
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience managing large and small teams
- Google suite - Slack - Airtable - Tech savvy
- Communication, Problem Resolution/Analysis, Customer Service, Leadership
It'd be great if you have:
- Fondness for the automotive industry
Why you'll love it at Clutch:
Autonomy & ownership
- - create your own path, and own your work
- Competitive compensation and equity incentives!
- Generous time off program
- Health & dental benefits
Clutch is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. If you require accommodation at any stage of the interview process, please email [email protected].