About Cugino Homes
Cugino Homes is a design-build renovation and addition specialist organization located in Victoria, BC with service areas from Cowichan Bay, Sooke, Langford to the heart of Victoria and Sidney.
Our focus is on designing functional, beautiful spaces that are based on quality products and materials, open and honest communication and a solid foundation of knowledge. We are rooted in integrity and believe that leading our clients through their home renovation is the best way to execute the vision.
Experienced: Strong technical knowledge and expertise related to the construction industry.
Leader: Inspires people to follow their lead by motivating others and being approachable.
Safety conscious: Motivated to promote and maintain and healthy and safe work environment.
Organized: Enthusiastic about project plans, managing tight schedules, and staying on budget.
Risk manager: Strong ability to identify, take, and manage risks.
Excellent Communicator: Communicates clearly and professionally with colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders.
Quality focused: Ensures excellence in the quality of deliverables.
Peace keeper: Skilled at resolving conflicts diplomatically, fostering a harmonious working environment.
Adaptable: Finds creative solutions to keep the project on track.
About the role
At Cugino Homes the Project Manager is an integral part of the team. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and closing projects successfully. They provide leadership and coordination of comprehensive project plans.
- Prepares comprehensive project plans
- Reads drawings and blueprints and ensures all relevant and accurate details
- At the job site, coordinates team members, stakeholders, and other resources
- Conducts risk assessments and implement strategies to mitigate potential issues
- Facilitates communication and provides regular updates to team members, stakeholders, and clients
- Manages project budgets by keeping each project within budget constraints
- Ensures quality standards are met
- Manages a team of Skilled Labourers and/or General Labourers as well as Sub-contractors.
Qualifications (what you need to apply)
- Education: A bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, architecture, or a related field is preferred
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the construction industry as a site manager or project manager
- Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent in experience and education
- Industry Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of construction processes, methods, and best practices is essential. Familiarity with construction codes, regulations, and permits is also crucial to ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Proven experience in modern web tech and industry design and collaboration tools
- Experience with Google Drive is an asset (sheets, documents, forms)
- Driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Ability to drive to job sites around Victoria, Langford, Sooke (on limited occasions)
- Personal computer or laptop with high-speed internet access, sound, microphone, and video capabilities
- Cell phone with mobile data
Shaping your career at Cugino Homes
At Cugino Homes you have more than a job, it’s an opportunity to grow your career. You can look forward to:
Career Advancement: We provide excellent prospects for career advancement. With our expanding teams and departments allowing you to progress within the organization and take on new challenges.
Learning and Development: As a member of the Cugino team, you have access to valuable learning and development opportunities. We prioritize employee training, mentorship, and skill enhancement initiatives, which can accelerate your professional growth and increase your market value.
Dynamic Work Environment: Our energetic and dynamic work environment will give you the chance to collaborate with talented individuals, work on innovative projects, and be exposed to new ideas and perspectives. This can foster creativity and inspire you to push your limits.
Financial Rewards: We offer competitive compensation packages to attract and retain top talent like you! As Cugino continues to grow and thrive, there may also be opportunities for performance-based incentives, allowing you to share in the company's success.
Stability and Job Security: Cugino values integrity. We want to provide you with a sense of job security by offering a stable and predictable work environment.
Networking Opportunities: Working for Cugino exposes you to a broader network of contacts and potential mentors, which can be instrumental in your career advancement and future opportunities.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Project management: 5 years (preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person