Gerry Enns Contracting (GEC) is part of the Emil Anderson Group, a family-owned company with an 85 year history in British Columbia. Gerry Enns Contracting is one of the Fraser Valley’s most trusted names for construction, building quality commercial properties for over 35 years. We work with our development partner Emil Anderson Properties to build quality commercial projects. Gerry Enns Contracting embraces a full team approach seeking to provide its customers the highest quality and the best purchase and building experience.
As a family-owned and people focused company we strive to train and develop the best leaders in our industry. We provide a culture of learning, open communication, professionalism and accountability. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager with a diverse skillset to support our various projects throughout the Fraser Valley.
Purpose: To plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. The Project manager will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. An excellent Construction/Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The goal is to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Collaborate with all project stakeholders, engineers, architects, clients to determine and coordinate the specifications of the project.
- Negotiate contracts, award contracts, and manage subcontractors
- Review all shop drawings for coordination
- Submit and manage RFIs and Submittals
- Develop and plan for project requirements (manpower, equipment and materials)
- Coding of all job costs and monthly reporting on financial project status
- Chairing of required project meetings
- Development and updating of project schedule
- Write scope of work documents
- Supervise the work of staff
- All duties as assigned by the General Manager
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum 5 years of Proven experience as a Commercial / Residential Project Manager
- In depth understanding of construction and project management principles
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with Worksafe BC safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office (including MS Project)
- Familiarity with , Vista by Viewpoint an asset
- PMP or equivalent certification would be an asset
- Red Seal trade qualification is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
The salary range for this position will be discussed during the interview stage, taking into consideration candidate qualifications and experience.
Emil Anderson Group is an equal opportunity employer, in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, performance management, promotions, and benefits. We base such decisions solely on job-related qualifications, skills, and abilities without regard to race, nationality, ethnicity, color, gender, political affiliation, religion/belief system, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, age, diverse ability, or any other characteristic.