We are seeking an experienced Administrator to join the TEAL team!
TEAL Architects+Planners is a 12+ year architectural practice with a broad portfolio of constructed buildings and a growing number of projects in progress. Current work includes single family dwellings, a range of mixed-use multi-family buildings, and municipal sports/recreation centres.
TEAL creates high-quality architecture for the widest range of communities located in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. We are open to practicing anywhere. Our eight-person team is a creative, effective, energetic mix of architects, technologists, and technicians with locations in the Halifax region and New Brunswick. TEAL enjoys a productive work-life balance while making award-winning buildings and urban places.
TEAL is searching for an architectural Administrator who can work happily in these areas:
- book-keeping and preparation of accurate year-end financial statements,
- arranging invoices, receipts, payments, and banking as directed,
- managing a diverse set of annual subscriptions and software accounts,
- arranging professional liability and general liability insurance coverage, under direction,
- arranging hardcopy information required by the design / construction industry,
- preparing and tracking client and sub-consultant contracts,
- assisting in the preparation of responses to requests for proposals
- monitor for potential RFP opportunities,
- assisting and tracking of applications for a variety of planning and construction permits,
- learning to manage TEAL's social media presence as directed,
- participating in regular virtual team meetings,
Our expectations for applicants are:
A. Qualifications and Experience:
- a diploma of Business Administration or Office Administration from Nova Scotia Community College, or equivalent,
- demonstrated experience, with 3 references, of book-keeping and preparation of financial statements using QuickBooks or equivalent software,
- experience as an administrator in a firm offering professional consulting services,
B. Other desirable attributes:
- experience in an architectural firm,
- experience or interest in architecture and the building industry,
- design, graphic design, or marketing,
- an aptitude for learning new skills.
- opportunity to join a health care program,
- annual continuing education allowance,
- annual membership fees for professional organizations,
The appointment will include a three-month probationary period.
Salary will be negotiated based on experience.
Please send applications to [email protected]
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person