The Event Set Up team prepares the backdrop for the flawless execution of the guests’ vision. With incredible attention to detail, the Set Up team members follow the instructions provided in the Banquet Event Order to ensure the room is set to guest satisfaction. The Set Up team is helpful and knowledgeable about the property- assisting guests and vendors alike as required. Meticulous and driven by a desire to make everything “perfect”, the Event Set Up team sets the stage for guest satisfaction!
This is a great opportunity for a reliable, early riser looking for part-time work on the weekend. Hours will be mainly Friday/Saturday/Sunday mornings from 6am-9am.
- Arrive to work promptly and well presented
- Prepare yourself and your team by thoroughly reviewing upcoming event BEOs, making note of special details and consulting with the Special Event Consultant if there are any questions.
- Set up event / wedding space as per instructions of the Event Manager and BEO details, ensuring the room has everything indicated
- Prepare rooms for an event by polishing glassware & cutlery, placing tables & chairs, placing tablecloths and setting tables according to Pearle standards.
- Be cordial to all guests & vendors- answer questions and direct them appropriately as required.
- Use radio communication clearly and briefly. Respond to all radio calls in a polite and clear manner.
- Set up and operate AV equipment as required – including music, microphones, slideshows and other equipment.
- Be able to lift and carry furniture, supplies, floral arrangements, glassware, etc
- Report all broken or damaged property or equipment to a manager promptly.
- Care for all equipment and supplies by using and handling appropriately and carefully and replacing safely after use.
- Assist in setting and stocking bars, food stations and beverage stations as required
- Protect the establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcoholic beverage control policies.
- Earnestly attempt to accommodate any guest request and accurately communicate them to the event MD or the Event Support Supervisor.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency while remaining poised during peak periods and seek out additional tasks during slower periods.
- Communicate Pearle’s core values by demonstrating genuine and thoughtful hospitality in the day to day execution of duties
- Maintain positive relationships within the team unit as well as with those outside of it, work together with others toward the common goal of success across the property.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 10-12 per week
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON N1R 1P1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person