The Housekeeper is responsible for the cleaning and sanitization of all Resident's apartment and common areas.
- To clean areas according to assigned schedules using appropriate cleaning and sanitation methods and procedures;
- To clean Resident's apartments and common areas, including furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents and windows;
- To operate floor care machines and steam cleaning equipment;
- To strip, scrub, spray, and buff all carpet and non-carpet floor surfaces;
- To pick up garbage and transport to designated areas;
- To adhere to established residence policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices;
- To prepare documentation as required according to residence policy;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in the Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to provide feedback on a day-to-day basis
- Knowledge and experience with standard institutional cleaning techniques
- Previous experience in commercial / residential/ Healthcare cleaning and laundry procedures is desirable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, come join us!