Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. We are also proud to be named one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2022! Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department. Fully vaccinated: having received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by WHO (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); and having received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago.
Under the direction of the Manager of Diagnostic Imaging, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating patient care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centred care environment. The Mammography Technologist will be responsible for the complete range of tests and procedures related to Mammography and Interventional mammography. The Mammography technologist will have a thorough knowledge of the theory and practices of laboratory procedures, instruments, equipment and special techniques
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Current registration with the C.M.R.T.O.
- Minimum two (2) years recent mammography experience.
- Current CBI breast certification or working towards.
- Thorough knowledge of the theory and practices of laboratory procedures, instruments, equipment and special techniques related to Mammography, Stereotactic biopsy, Breast biopsy, Breast hook needle localization
- Experience in Stereotactic biopsy and hook needle localization.
- Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
- Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgement
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
- Demonstrated commitment to SHN Lean methodology and participation in educational opportunities
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and punctuality
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following SHNCareers on Twitter and on Instagram.