The unprecedented success of our business has been the result of an exceptional team of leaders that have aligned with strong core values, principles, and a vision of transforming our industry We are looking to expand our team with a likeminded, driven, self-starting entrepreneurial personalities for the position of Residential Construction Project Manager for high-end new builds and remodeling projects. The candidate we want is a very experienced individual that can lead field production efficiently while dealing in a professional manner with a high-end clientele. We need a personable and proactive team leader to own this position. This position will ensure projects are ran efficiently, within budget while keeping our standard of building high quality homes. If your past two supervisors would rate you as a 9 or above, on a scale of 1-10, we want to hear from you.
Candidate will provide project planning, resource and time management, create benchmarks for labor resources, maintain budget and scope of work for multiple projects.
Candidate may be running several projects at one time. This position will ensure that all of the work is done on time and within the projected budget. They also need to ensure that the construction project is compliant with current building codes. Strategic planning of material procurement and labor activities are a must. The ability to foresee potential issues and manage labor and materials to ensure timely project completion is a must.
A project manager needs to consistently inform staff of project details and evaluate the effectiveness of a project plan with employees to keep tasks completed in a timely manner. A great project manager is able to motivate and direct their team to ensure the delivery of a successful project. We are looking for somebody to fill a unique role and are offering excellent forward momentum opportunities in earnings and career trajectory .
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use project scope of work to determine and define the best plan to complete each task effectively.
- Coordinate material procurement so materials are there when needed and running to get materials is kept to a minimum.
- Manage construction schedule and activities
- Ensure work is done in compliance with all relevant building and safety codes
- Manage subcontractor and supplier relationships.
- Maintain quality execution and keep job clean and orderly. Return materials not needed in a timely manner to keep site clean and obtain proper credit.
- Coordinate efforts across entire project between architects, designers, engineers, and subcontractors
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively come up with solutions.
- Provide feedback to team regarding processes, procedures and employee performance to improve our overall building experience.
- Coordinate with independent contractors to efficiently manage our production schedule
- Coordinate with suppliers, ordering construction materials as needed.
- Inspect all deliveries, ensuring the materials are the right quantity and quality and are properly placed at the job site.
- Monitor quality of all workmanship in detail. Stop work when necessary and provide training to independent contractors as needed.
- Communicate with independent contractors and suppliers to ensure timely completion of work.
- Use your creative problem-solving skills to resolve construction and budget issues.
- Ensure all site policies are adhered to, especially safety and cleanliness standards.
- Provide regular communication with homeowners to inform them of progress on their homes and build and maintain goodwill throughout the construction process.
- Ability to read, understand, and explain construction blueprints and floorplans.
- Must possess deep expertise in standard construction practices.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction for demanding clients.
- Deep knowledge of industry safety practices.
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office and able to learn new software.
Qualifications for Construction Project Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture. A skilled tradesman with exemplary supervisory experience may be considered.
- 5-7 years of experience in project management within construction for a custom home builder.
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and general computer software
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles
- Strong leadership and management skills
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree a plus!
- Professionalism in manner and attire.
- Please have job related references at the ready if selected for interview.
- Willingness to travel to construction site(s) daily. This is a field management position.
- Willingness to work what's needed to meet production milestones.
- Physical Demands: Ability to lift 50 pounds, push and pull heavy items on a regular basis, stoop, kneel, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
Working with us allows for excellent forward momentum opportunities in earnings and career trajectory .
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$97,874.73 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Okanagan, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Project management: 4 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person