Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $26.30 - $28.74 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021 all staff for all positions across health care in British Columbia are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring and Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Detailed Overview: Assists clients with the activities of daily living to promote maximum independence; provides personal care, housekeeping and home management activities; performs delegated duties in accordance with Home Health and Home Support guidelines, policies and procedures. Responsibilities:
- Assists clients and families in establishing and maintaining self-sufficiency and independence by following an established care plan.
- Provides personal care such as bathing, skin care, grooming, oral hygiene and mobilization; performs delegated tasks for which transfer of function training has been completed such as catheter care or implementing established exercise routines.
- Performs housekeeping tasks, as per the care plan, including cleaning, laundry, mopping and sweeping to maintain a healthy, safe environment in the home.
- Works as a team member with professional staff; reports any unsafe conditions and/or changes in a client's condition/behaviour and/or living arrangements to appropriate staff.
- Demonstrates methods and provides basic information to clients in relation to personal care, housekeeping and home management activities, in accordance with established care plans.
- Follows care plan related to meal preparation instructions including setting up, preparing and serving meals; monitors and records client's food intake.
- Observes the behaviour, appearance and condition of family members and/or other individuals who maintain safe and supportive care of those clients in their own home; reports changes in the support system to the appropriate professional.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of information gained as a result of the employment relationship; exchange of information cannot occur without the authorization of the manager, Home Health/Support or designate.
- Participates in quality improvement activities by maintaining current knowledge and compliance with all Home Health and Home Support guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation, as per established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Participates and attends various in-services and staff development meetings, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Grade 12, plus a Home Support/Resident Care Aide certificate, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid BC Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes.
Skills and Abilities
- Home management skills
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients