Founded in 1986, VMAC Global Technology Inc. the leader in compressed air innovation®, designing and manufacturing the most innovative mobile air compressors and multi-power systems available, all within its 40,000 square foot facility in Nanaimo, BC. Known for its innovation and technical advancements in manufacturing and engineering, VMAC’s products are sold through a dealer network of over 300 global partners in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East.
As a LEAN organization, VMAC focuses on continuous improvement throughout operations, far beyond just manufacturing. Improvement of processes and systems, safety, and respect for all coworkers and stakeholders is part of VMAC’s core culture.
An award-winning organization, VMAC was named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and Best Workplaces™ in Manufacturing for 2019 and is Great Place To Work Certified™.
VMAC offers a competitive wage, employee profit-sharing plan, a comprehensive benefits package, and an inclusive, dynamic work environment.
"We are expanding"
Reporting to the Machining Supervisor this position is responsible for the set-up, operation and programming of CNC Machining Centers and/or Turning Centers. A good mechanical aptitude is required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Capable of work on manual Milling machines, Lathes, Drill presses and grinding equipment
- Create precision hand layouts from drawings
- Identify and correct bottlenecks
- Keep work area clean and organized. Implement and maintain 5S organization.
- Understand and follow Production Kanban Process and Production Schedules. Prioritize daily work accordingly.
- Work and cross train on multiple CNC and Manual machines.
- Follow drawings when machining product.
- Capable of measuring to tight tolerances using a variety of measuring devices
- Complete Dimensional Inspection reports – follow the criteria documented to complete these reports
- Improve efficiency and quality of processes, products, and fixtures.
- Communicate bottlenecks and flow problems with supervisor
- Perform regular maintenance on machines.
- Capable of Programming manually and/or by using MasterCam.
- Use of SoildWorks would be an asset.
- Capable of design and building jigs and fixtures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Red Seal Machinist certification.
- Work experience in manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Experience with Doosan and/or Haas Vertical/Horizontal Machining centers and/or Turning Centers considered an asset
- Lean Manufacturing at a working level considered an asset
- Valid Forklift certification considered an asset
- Work cohesively and collaboratively with others, as well as work independently.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing corporate and team needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Covid-19 Safety Plan in place.
Work Location: In person