People that work at The Keg are known for their personality, drive, and passion! Are you passionate about food and creating outstanding culinary experiences? Are you looking for a place to work with flexible schedules, great discounts, legendary staff events and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow? If so, we want to hear from you!
A Prep Cook’s accountabilities include:
· Prepare and store all food items, including appetizers, salad items, sauces, reductions, vegetables, garnish and proteins
· A focus on our steak and prime rib program, including inspection of all steaks and prime rib to ensure they meet Keg standards, marinating and cooking prime rib and preparing steaks for daily use
· Demonstrating an appreciation of food safety with continuous temperature monitoring during storage, preparation and cooking of all food products.
· Setup, takedown and continued cleanliness of the kitchen in all areas
· Receive, store and rotate products to ensure the highest standards are upheld
· Inventorying all food items and use this inventory to build, set and maintain par levels daily
We hire great people, train them well and provide plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. It’s why we have been recognized as a Canadian Top 50 Employer since 2003, including the top 3 on Forbes Canada’s best employer list for 2023. We’re looking for energetic, team-oriented applicants who take pride in providing an outstanding food experience.
We’d love to meet you in person, call our restaurant to find out our open interview times and days or submit your application by Applying Now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We appreciate and thank all applicants; however, we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T6N 1M3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person