POSITION: MEAL ADVISOR
M&M Food Market. Helping you make real food for real life.
M&M Food Market is a food retailer unlike any other; we don’t just sell products; we offer meal solutions and a unique shopping experience that helps to make customer’s everyday lives a little easier. We’ve been helping customers make delicious meals and entertain with ease for over 40 years!
Our Meal Advisors are truly the face of M&M Food Market. They have passion for food, can deliver exceptional customer service, and are willing to learn about our incredible lineup of wholesome and delicious products.
Interested in a job at an M&M Food Market store, but not sure if it’s the right fit for you? It’s simple – you’ll love working at M&M Food Market if…
You’re a people person.
Every day you’ll come in contact with hundreds of people, and you’ll happily greet each one with a smile. From the moment they walk in, your approachable nature will make our customers feel at ease and happy they chose to shop with us. Many of our employees have told us about the great friendships they have made with both customers and fellow employees.
You like helping people and you love to talk about food!
While some customers come in and know exactly what they want, you’ll find that others need a little help. Whether it’s their first-time shopping with us or they need suggestions for entertaining or meal planning, you’re ready and willing to answer all their questions to make their shopping experience easier and enjoyable.
You’re a team player.
When your fellow teammates need a hand, you’re there without even being asked. You appreciate and respect your co-workers because you know this makes for a happy, healthy and fun working environment. Our customers notice it too and leave the store feeling good about their visit.
* Reporting to the Franchise Partner or Store Manager, the Meal Advisor* exhibits positive energy, provides knowledgeable service, and ensures a welcoming environment is presented to customers at all times. They are responsible for learning about products and promotions, receiving and organizing inventory, preparing product for customer sampling and light cleaning duties within the store.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
** To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
- Sell all products within the M&M Food Market product lines. Complementary and suggestive selling techniques are extensively used.
- Provide exceptional customer service by giving specific and detailed product knowledge and giving the customer the best customer experience possible.
- Receive deliveries and organize products appropriately. This includes merchandising specific products for sale, and organizing products for storage in the freezer. Stock rotation is required in order to guarantee our products are always at the peak of freshness.
- Organize and maintain inventory counts.
- Facilitate sales promotions by preparing window signs, handling freezer door strips and removing old sales materials.
- Provide general light store maintenance (cleaning counters, dusting shelves, etc.)
- Complete general banking procedures--including the organization of bank deposits.
- Utilize the Point of Sale computer system for sales information
- Complete re-pricing of products as required for special sales promotions (flyers) or for price mark downs.
- Implement appropriately the marketing program policies and procedures to all customers.
- Complete other related duties as required by the Franchise Partner or Store Manager.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build a friendly, professional rapport with customers
- Appropriate telephone etiquette
- Experience with computers in a Windows-based environment.
- Motivated and willing to take initiative
- Ability to lift boxes which could weigh up to 40 pounds
- Willingness to work in a cold freezer environment
- Previous retail experience
- Reliable transportation to work
M&M Food Market is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We believe that the wide range of perspectives that results from diversity promotes innovation and business success. Achieving diversity makes us more creative, flexible, productive, and competitive. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
M&M Food Market strives to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. We will attempt to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, and employment history verification.
Location: 610 Lakeview Drive, Kenora, Ontario P9N 3V2
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract