Reporting to the VP Sales & Marketing and indirectly to the VP Administration and Sales, the Driver Operator is responsible for the loading and unloading of product and supplies, and ensuring that product deliveries are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner while adhering to quality control standards as established by Calgary Italian Bakery.
- Inspect the truck including a pre-trip inspection and maintain a clean and safe truck according to HACCP and GMP policies and procedures; follow all applicable legislation (e.g., Distracted Driving; logging information regarding weight class of vehicle) and company policies while driving the company truck.
- Maintain proper and regular truck maintenance by checking fuel levels, oil levels, etc.; inform Supervisor of any issues/concerns with truck maintenance/functioning.
- Communicate constantly with the Order Desk and take direction from the Order Desk Clerk in the absence of the VP Sales & Marketing.
- In preparation for delivery of product to customers, organize product at the loading dock according to the customer order.
- Load and unload product and supplies ensuring they are loaded and unloaded in a safe manner and following HACCP and GMP policies and procedures.
- Working with the Shipper/Receiver who organizes product loads by route number, load the truck to facilitate customer drop-off route delivery schedule.
- Deliver product to customers by planning and driving route deliveries in a timely and efficient manner, and being aware of environmental obligations (e.g., fuel efficiency).
- Do accurate invoicing using hand-held devices, and accurately handle cash when required for COD’s.
- As a representative of Calgary Italian Bakery relate with various customers in a professional, positive manner, and ensure physical appearance is appropriate (e.g., clean and pressed clothing and personally groomed); communicate effectively using good listening skills, feedback skills and appropriate body language and tone of voice.
- Pick up trays and unload empty trays from truck and place in proper location in the Calgary Italian Bakery’s facility.
- Properly use equipment provided by the company including the truck, hand-held device, price gun and cart/wheeler.
- Use effective listening, verbal and non-verbal skills to communicate with other co-workers, customers, external truck drivers, suppliers/vendors, etc.
- Get along with other co-workers through co-operation and taking initiative to help others without being asked.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Class 5 operators’ license required however a Class 3 would be preferred; current driver’s abstract required and thereafter must be provided to the company on an annual basis
- Bondable (satisfactory completion of a criminal background check)
- A security clearance is required
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with Customers.
- Required to drive in various weather conditions
- Shift time may have variable hours given the nature of the business and the need to respond quickly to customer orders. For example, product must continually flow through the distribution chain to meet customer demand and secondly product is delivered on a daily basis due to the perishable nature of the product.
- Routinely required to lift heavy items
- Required to wear a company-provided uniform and must purchase and wear own safety/steel toed boots
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person