We want you to join our team! A place you can hang your hat and call home. We value the power of diversity, inclusion, individuality, dignity, knowledge, and hospitality. Our mission is to build and operate person-directed communities by providing care and hospitality for seniors.
The Dishwasher will be serving the community of Luxstone Senior Living in Airdrie, Alberta. The Dishwasher is responsible for ensuring top resident care is priority, with an elevated level of focus in time management.
We are seeking candidates interested in:
Full time - 40 hours per week
Skills and key deliverables that will take you further:
- You are a “Let’s get the job done!” team player, motivated, and embody a willingness to help
- A strong knowledge and personal commitment to Person Directed Care approaches
- Familiarity with the Eden Alternative Philosophy and the Domains of Well-Being (an asset)
- Strives to attain excellence in Resident, family member and Employee Care Partner satisfaction
- Friendly with a sense of humor and the utmost respect for all internal and external care partners
- Demonstrates strength in building partnerships with Residents, family members, employee care partners, volunteers, external care partners and the community at large to ensure the vibrancy of our community
- Creating an atmosphere that is welcoming, relaxed, and relationship-driven, where everyone feels at home
- Flexible, willingness to prioritize and re-adjust routines, open to change for the benefit of the community
- Excellent time and resource management skills
- Admirable problem solving and conflict resolution skills, deal effectively with difficult or crisis situations
- Collaborates with their team to improve Community relations, increasing positive public regard
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality of the Community
- Displays patience and effective communication
- Flexible to assist with daily life within the Community in a moment’s notice
- Ongoing monitoring and continuous quality improvement
- Understands the importance to conduct random ongoing audits to always ensure compliance
- Understanding as well as participation in the Emergency Management Plan, Infection Control protocol, WHMIS, and Health & Safety Wellness Strategies
- Audit and identify any health, safety or maintenance issues, and reports/documents as required
- Participates and facilitates ongoing educational programs
Foundational knowledge and experience to grow from:
- Food Safe Certificate is an asset
- Experience in hospitality, and/or food service, and/or recreation is an asset
- Prior to employment, obtain a clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector check
Why Join Our Team?
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- We provide an approach to care that supports the WHOLE person, that upholds their right to a life full of purpose, connection, empowerment, and possibility. *Read more about our philosophy https://www.edenalt.org/
- Life, Health & Dental benefits (All permanent employees with 20 hours per week + qualify for benefits)
- Looking for a happy corporate culture! The term staff is not used here, we are Employee Care Partners!
Thank you for applying only successful candidates will be contacted.