Warehouse Assistant - Evenings
Cocina Foods is currently hiring hard working individuals looking for a long-term career in the unique world of food production. The successful candidate will join La Cocina in Ste. Anne, MB and help produce the world’s best corn tortillas and tortilla chips. This full-time position is afternoon/evening (specific hours TBD) and will assist the shipping department to ensure efficient operation.
· A proven hard worker
· Good at multi-tasking
· Goal oriented
· Someone who takes pride in your work
· Ready to learn a lot about the food industry
· Trustworthy to work alone
If this sounds like you and you are highly motivated, you will do well at La Cocina Foods.
· Be trained in a variety of tasks
· Expand your knowledge of work skills, and food safety
· Have opportunity for advancement
· Get all the free chips you can eat!
La Cocina Foods also offers great perks such as a flexible health benefit plans after 3 months, annual new shoe program, two weeks vacation after the first year, paid breaks, and working with excellent people in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Building orders and warehouse organizing
· Helping to load and unload trucks with forklift or pallet jack
· Operating packaging equipment
· Following food safety protocols and keeping work areas clean
· Performing all assigned duties in a safe and productive manner
· Completing required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
· Completing odd jobs around the property as requested
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
· Speak, read and write English fluently
· Prior food handling or production experience an asset, but not required
· Prior experience with warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts and shunt trucks an asset, but not required.
· Must have a valid driver's license and have reliable vehicle to get to work
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. periodically throughout the day
· Must be able to perform frequent bending, twisting, kneeling and squatting
· Must be able to perform frequent reaching over shoulder, waist level, and from the floor
· Must be flexible to work any shift, overtime as required
Starting wage will be negotiable depending on applicant qualifications. Please submit your resume with cover letter.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person