Position Title: Club Business Manager
Immediate Supervisor: MG&CC Board of Directors
Location: Markdale Golf & Curling Club, 85 Edith Avenue, Markdale
The Markdale Golf & Curling Club is looking for an ambitious Manager to oversee the Club’s day to day administration and conduct other duties associated to the daily operations of the Club.
During Golf Season – April to October the club employs additional staff to support operations.
During Curling Season – November to March staffing is minimal.
Prior experience working within a golfing & curling operation/environment is an asset but not mandatory. Compensation package being offered will be between $45K - $60K, based on applicants’ qualifications.
- Responsible for HR management of all indoor staff. Including hiring, training, scheduling and ongoing performance evaluations.
- Manage pro shop staff to ensure goals for the day are clearly known and understood.
- Conduct staff performance counseling and reviews and complete appropriate documentation.
- Manage basic daily business procedures for the Club.
- Take necessary actions to solve issues that arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure Security and Safety processes are followed for the Club’s buildings and property.
- Ensure the Club’s buildings and property are maintained in a clean and attractive condition.
- Assist with the Ice Rink maintenance during Curling Season.
- Manage Golf and Curling Registration.
- Learn the G1 system currently in use for the club POS and Tee Sheet software. Will include backend work to update pricing and maintain our customer data base.
- Plan/Order/Procure all supplies required for building maintenance, food and beverage and pro shop.
- Maintain a current Standard Operating Procedure manual and all Club forms.
- Ensure appropriate incident tracking and follow up.
- Promote and market the Club throughout the year.
- Responsible for updating the content of the Club’s website.
- Coordinate Club communications.
- Assist with Club financial processes.
- Initiate and manage grant applications.
- Oversee the administration and execution of Club Events.
- Develop and maintain an event calendar.
- Ensure staffing, paid or volunteer, are arranged.
- Ensure sufficient supplies are on hand.
Key Qualifications: Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
1. Ability to work with minimal supervision and to work well with co-workers and members of the public.
2. Microsoft Office efficiency and ability to learn additional user-friendly software programs used by the
Club for management purposes.
3. Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is an asset, but not essential.
4. Experience with and understanding of basic small business operation, from both a financial and human resources perspective.
5. Must be able to work a 5-day work schedule with flexible starting times and some potential weekend work.
6. Possession of a valid Ontario Driver's License Class "G"
7. Familiarity with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS, and other regulations.
8. Must have current Smart Serve and Safe Food Handlers Certifications.
Please include with your application a statement of your salary expectations
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes.
Applicants who provide an email address should expect written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence. Note - Please check you spam or junk mail for misdirected responses.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] or in writing to
Markdale Golf and Curling Club
85 Edith Avenue PO Box 22
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markdale, ON N0C 1H0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
- Management: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location