Our Traugott BC team is growing!
Are you brilliant, outgoing, and results-oriented and love sales?
If you answered yes to the above, come join our team as Traugott's next Business Development Manager for British Columbia!
Based out of Traugott's Vancouver, BC office, the Business Development Manager for British Columbia is responsible for identifying and developing strategic business relationships with trades, developers, owners etc. and other potential customers.
Working closely with the Executive Vice President and the Vice President of Construction for Western Canada, this individual will take the lead in British Columbia in the development of new business opportunities that supports Traugott's overall growth strategy.
In this key position, you will implement business development initiatives that maximize and grow Traugott's footprint and generate bottom line revenue for the company in British Columbia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate new client contacts and develop and maintain relationships with existing clients
- Provide ongoing progress updates on new business development activities and other key indicators to the management team.
- Maintain communication with client contacts, current targeted project status, and known future bidding opportunities.
- Deliver exceptional presentations and proposals to clients to win business.
- Identify and develop relationships with industry professionals to generate new business opportunities.
- Expand Traugott’s footprint in British Columbia.
- Prepare RFP’s, Prequalification’s, Tender Proposals and Estimates
- Sourcing and qualifying of new subcontractors
- Assist in formulating project budgets
- Attend industry events and other meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition, and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Coordinate with and assist Executive VP in formulating the annual business development plan for the market or region
- Perform market research to identify, qualify and prioritize potential markets, projects and customers. Develop strategies to optimize project opportunities and meet market business development goals.
- Assist the development of major proposals.
- Organize and tender qualification data to clients. Lead the effort in developing presentation materials.
- Develops and maintains a wide network through participation in industry committees and associations.
- Represent Traugott at trade shows for networking purposes and to increase our presence and visibility within the
- Collaborate with multiple teams including senior leadership and all internal departments such as estimating, operations, safety, and IT in order to assist the business development effort.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration is required
- Minimum 7+ years Estimating & Sales experience with a General Contractor in the construction industry with a successful track record of building relationships
- Proven ability to establish profitable relationships with decision makers at companies and organizations.
- Must have a good understanding of commercial construction, including a field perspective and/or work in a preconstruction capacity
- Outstanding presentation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Demonstration of a consistent over-achievement of client acquisition and sales revenue targets.
- Ability to maintain strong sales management focus
- Demonstrated ability to manage often complex negotiations
- Must display initiative, leadership, and independent thinking in a team environment;
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We thank you to all who apply, however only candidates deemed qualified will be contacted.
No recruiters required for this role.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Construction Business Development: 5 years (required)
- Construction estimating: 4 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person