Position: Machine Operator
Location: British Columbia - Manitoba.
Salary: Starting From $28/Hr (depending on Machine)
Who We Are
York Railroad Construction Inc. is a full-service contractor for the railway industry. We are located out of Burlington, ON with offices throughout Canada.
Our mission is to deliver safe, cutting-edge and environmentally sustainable maintenance and construction services to railway track owners and operators across Canada. We design, build and maintain all levels of rail for various clients.
Machine Operator will be operating one of the Heavy Machines specified for Rail construction. The position requires you to build and maintain rail for different clients throughout the Canada. Building and maintaining rail includes general and specific construction related tasks, planning, actions and environments. Being able to work in a construction environment is vital.
These positions require travel 100% of the time throughout Canada for extended periods of time. Railway work is VERY physically demanding and will require working in all types of weather conditions and climate.
Applicants must be able to:
· Pass a criminal background check
· Pass a drug test
· Posses a Valid Class 5 driver’s license (of Class 3 for specific machines)
· Consider themselves physically fit
· Work outside in all weather conditions year round
Applicants must be able to operate one of the following machines:
· Hi-Rail Dump Truck (Class 3)
· Hi-Rail Boom Truck
· Hi-Rail Excavator
· Doosan Multi Equipment
· Ballast Regulator
· Mark IV Tamper
Trackmen duties will be, but not limited to:
· Ability to maintain a valid Driver's License and required training/tickets to ensure
· Able to always operate any machinery as intended and required by the organization
· Ensuring safety is a priority to yourself, fellow team members, the general public and the assets of the company by following pre-set policies and procedures
· Daily walk around inspection of machines, general housekeeping of machines and minor repairs when required to ensure safe operation
· Compliance with track rules and instructions according to CROR
· Meet productivity level requirements set out by Supervisors/Foremen
· Working and communicating effectively with York Rail and/or Customers Working Team(s)
· Filling out required paperwork in a neat and accurate manner and adhering to submission deadlines
· Driving of company vehicles in a responsible, respectful and safe manner
· Other duties as assigned
· 1 Year in Rail Construction Experience is an Asset
· 1 Year in Rail Machine Operating Experience
· Ability to pass a Criminal Background Check & Drug Test
· Valid Class 5 Drivers Licenses
· First Aid Certification is an Asset
· Valid CROR Certification is an Asset
· Ability to work across Canada and be away from home for most of the month
· Knowledge of Construction and Workplace Safety lifting and handling procedures
· Fluent in English with the ability to read, write and speak effectively
· Physically capable of repetitive bending, standing for long periods of time, lifting/carrying 50 lbs. unassisted, repetitive swinging motions and walking on uneven surfaces (approximately 3 miles per day).
· Ability to work in the elements across all weather conditions (summer heat, rain, dusty conditions, winter cold etc.)
· Willingness to work with hazardous materials such as creosote, lubricants, oil, gasoline and diesel fuel safely
· Ability to be exposed to continuous and regular loud noises
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $28.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- What Hi-Rail Machines have you operated?
- Hi-Rail Machine Operating: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 License (preferred)
Work Location: On the road