Looking to build your dream career constructing the highest-end homes on the beautiful North Shore? Want to join a team that values your skills and provides a fun and professional work environment? If you're a multitasking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic setting, we are looking for you!
For over 20 years Upward Construction has gained respect in the industry for not just crafting unique quality homes but for our long-standing relationships with our clients. No two construction projects are alike, but the one common element to each is a foundation of trust. Our recipe for success starts with a solid strategy and our passionate, talented team.
Join our award-winning team as we disrupt an industry and help better serve our clients with communication and integrity. Before doing anything at Upward Construction, we first ask ourselves “why?” This simple question helped shape our company and our values. Knowing our “why” helps us find purpose-driven people who aren’t just clocking in and out but are bringing a passion for what they do best. It’s not just a job, it’s the Upward way.
About The Role
This role focuses on project management, budget management, negotiation, organization, and communication. We are looking for a self-motivated person who thinks critically and creatively, who knows where and how to find answers, and can keep projects moving forward!
What You’ll Do
- Multi-task and manage multiple projects at the same time - you are three steps ahead of the Site Supervisor.
- Prepare and maintain scopes, schedules, budgets, follow-up on cost and suppliers to secure financial transparency, drive tendering and contracting for your projects and coordinate design, execution and logistics for your projects.
- Prepare permit packages and submissions.
- Negotiate bids and optimize project planning through the management of subcontractor scopes of work, costs and contracts.
- Analyzing and managing specifications, drawings, contracts and documents and anticipating potential revisions.
- Identify lead times for materials, perform material take-offs, create estimates and ensure accurate and on time procurement.
- Manage and create change orders.
- Follow up on the construction process through regular site visits & secure that the right materials and solutions are used.
- Communicate project details, and work cohesively with subcontractors, architects, and other project stakeholders, which includes participating actively in meetings as required.
- Proactively respond to the needs of homeowners and building trust through transparency and communication.
- Manage the execution of project scopes to ensure quality control, cost-effectiveness, and ensure that goals or objectives of the projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame.
- Utilize Buildertrend platform to review and provide updates.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years’ experience as Construction Project Manager with an in-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles. Has the proven ability to deliver on time and on budget.
- Understanding of BC Building Code and latest energy code, LEED and relevant regulatory requirements in Vancouver, and North Shore municipalities.
- Effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, energetic, detail oriented and professional.
- Recognized analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A team-oriented approach with positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- The ability to negotiate and build positive relationships while being budget minded.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Including: Excel, Office, and Outlook).
- Experience with AutoCAD or a similar design program is an asset.
- Experience with BuilderTrend is a plus.
What We Have to Offer You
We believe in a holistic and balanced lifestyle, supporting our team members with:
- Extended medical coverage
- Annual vacation time
- Health and wellness allowance
- Education reimbursement program
- Company-sponsored outings
- Access to company car. Available to qualified drivers during business hours
This position is immediate and full-time. If you think you have the passion, the know-how to be on the Upward team, submit your resume today!
Don’t forget to check out Instagram.com/upwardbuilds to learn about our team and see why Upward is the perfect place to take your career to new heights.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- BC Residential construction: 1 year (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person