AccessSMT is a leading supplier, installer and project manager of solutions driven offerings in Construction Divisions 8, 28 and 10 which include Architectural Hardware, Access Control and Building Security Systems, Hollow Metal Doors and Frames, Wood Doors and Frames, Specialty Doors, Construction Specialties, Lockers, Partitions, Washroom Accessories and Visual and Display Boards. Please visit our web site at https://accesssmt.com/
We are currently seeking a professional Project Manager for our Victoria Branch.
This role is directly responsible for organizing, directing, evaluating, and executing on quick turn projects from start to finish. Incumbents oversee project work and may be required to oversee the team’s work. Responsibilities include liaising with customers, contractors, architects, suppliers and installers for awarded contracts, and ensuring all project activities related to ongoing projects are coordinated to ensure timely completion and customer satisfaction. The incumbents primary role will be to ensure the successful management of quick-turn projects usually lasting less than 6 months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Full project life-cycle ownership; successful project delivery includes full implementation from initiation to deployment for several major and minor projects simultaneously, ensuring proactive management of key customer relationships to ensure the business profile is positive, active and aligned with the company brand.
2. Liaise with manufacturing, procurement, and scheduling to obtain technical support, project feasibility clarification, and accurate project details in order to answer, and action incoming customer requests, change orders, and project amendments
3. Liaise with other departments such as procurement, warehouse, and installation to ensure that the correct items are ordered and delivered on time, cost effective manner, per customer requirements
4. Provide customer service and troubleshoot customer concerns regarding product issues, scheduling, change orders, and other relevant steps in the project life cycle
5. Maintain and build rapport with existing and new clients; plan and seek new business opportunities through expanding their professional network and actively seeking out opportunities for increasing their customer base
6. Responsible for managing, maintaining, and, where possible, increasing company profitability though advanced industry knowledge, expectations, and other related proactive methods
7. Observe and adhere to all safety policies and identify and report unsafe work practices or conditions
8. Provide an exceptional level of customer service to internal and external stakeholders
· This job requires some leadership and supervisory responsibilities, where employees may be required to oversee department staffing reporting to them; incumbents are expected to work collaboratively and are responsible for ensuring that work is completed accurately and cohesively within the team
· Work is structured in such a way that the expected tasks to be completed are presented, but are assessed and prioritized by the incumbent, keeping in line with departmental and organizational objectives
What you bring:
· Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments. Follows organizational guidelines, professional standards, regulations, and principles. Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis.
· Takes responsibility and ownership over team commitments and mistakes; ensures that workload is consistent with team and organizational requirements, determines actions plans and work planning, and communicates expectations clearly and fairly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Consistently delivers work that meets the expectations of the position, team and organization; finds and resolves errors in their own work and when required, in that of others.
Education and/or Experience
· Diploma in Construction Technology, Architectural Technology, Project Management, or equivalent
· 5-10 years’ Construction Project Coordination Experience
· 5+ years Management and/ or Leadership Experience
· Attention to details
· Proven understanding of project work and industry requirements
· Proven ability to manage and prioritize workloads
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
· Computer software including Microsoft Office
· ERP systems
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Door and Hardware Institute (DHI) Certificate an Asset
· Architectural Hardware Consultants (AHC) Certificate an Asset
· Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate an Asset
Strong communication skills
Planning and Organizing
· Provides superior service to both internal and external customers, always displaying professionalism and respect in daily interactions, providing a level of service consistent with organizational values and practices
· Builds rapport with stakeholders and provides a high level of service to ensure satisfaction
· Identifies, analyses, plans and responds to internal and external risk factors, including security breaches, health and safety etc, adheres to and ensures the organization is compliant with all health and safety laws, regulations, standards and required practices
· Reports on risk concerns and develops responses, ensures the organization is prepared for associated risks
Other Skills and Abilities
Human Relations Skills
The individual in this position needs the ability to utilize an advanced level of interpersonal skills. They must have the ability to tactfully communicate
· Required to stand/ sit in one location much of the time in a comfortable indoor location
· Operating a computer majority of the time
· Office environment, temperature controlled, and generally comfortable
· Possible exposure to light dust, dirt, loud noises, and reduced air quality or other conditions which might produce mild discomfort
· Frequents a variety of client sites; safety concerns are mitigated by the use of Personal protective Equipment; Some travel required – up to 25%, with some possibility of illness or accident as related to travel
· Outgoing personality, highly organized.
· Professional appearance and presentation.
· Good time management, communication, decision-making and organizational skills.
· Eye for detail and ability to work with tight tolerances
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- How many years of experience do you have in the doors and hardware industry?
- project management: 3 years (preferred)
- Construction Project Managers: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person