About the role:
We are looking to welcome a passionate, collaborative, and driven Director of Sales, Labels to join our Retail Packaging Leadership team. The ideal candidate is a strategic leader with a proven track record in successfully leading and developing a high achieving sales team. This role is instrumental in our company’s mission of Being our Customers’ First Choice in Packaging, by Changing the Game in Service.
Who We Are:
Established in 1982, Great Little Box Company is a family-owned and operated leading manufacturer of Labels, Corrugated Boxes & Displays, Folding Cartons, KBA, Digital Packaging, Protective Packaging, and the distribution of Shipping Supplies. Our courtesy shuttle bus provides transportation to many of our shifts.
We take pride in our initiatives to make safety a priority. We demonstrate this with our structured in house training, providing personal protective equipment and our innovative and supportive culture.
At Great Little Box Company, we aim to create a workplace of belonging in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
- Motivate, lead, and develop a sales team to successfully execute on strategic plans and achieve sales targets.
- Provide team training and individual development to the sales team through conducting regular team meetings, and one-on-one coaching.
- Create actionable sales strategies with the sales team by identifying key challenges, business climate changes and long-term goals.
- Spend a minimum of 50% of the time in the market with the sales team to cultivate deep relationships with the sales team, customers and understand competitive landscape.
- Ensure pricing guideline and all company policies are followed.
- Track sales performance and trends and report as necessary.
- Attend industry events and tradeshows as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of proven success in a senior sales leadership role, ideally in print, label or packaging environment.
- Focused on people and customer relationship management.
- Thrives in a true team environment with strong team building, coaching and mentoring experience.
- Driven to problem solve in a collaborative, strategic and innovative manner.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and leadership skills.
- Proven tenacity to achieve results.
- Post secondary degree, however consideration will be given to an individual’s background and experience.
- Reports to the Vice President of Sales, Retail Packaging Division
- Responsible for leading and developing the Label Sales team
- Closely collaborate with department leaders in Sales, Customer Solutions, Operations, Design, and Shipping to solve problems and achieve cross-departmental goals.
- Sales Excellence: Play a leading role in ensuring that our service provides innovative solutions and brings WOW to our customers.
- Continuous Development: Implement strategies to continually improve service to customers and expand the abilities of yourself and team.
- Culture: Foster a dedicated and engaged culture, through team building and mentoring the sales team.
- Trust: Takes an approachable and supportive attitude to establish a sense of trust with your team, peers, customers, and suppliers.
GLBC is fully committed to two things – our employees and our customers. We emphasize teamwork but value individual contributions to the team. Come join our winning team. We are passionate, energetic, and committed to providing excellence in packaging solutions.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Senior Sales Leadership: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Richmond, BC