The Victory Group portfolio is growing! We’re looking for a passionate and driven Bookkeeper to help support the founders.
We’re proud of the accomplishments that have allowed us to get to where we are today, but know that our people are our most important resource in determining the magnitude of our success. To continue to deliver on our mission, we are looking to add a highly motivated bookkeeper /accountant to our team, who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and dive deep into anything and everything that’s thrown their way.
We have a high bar for talent. We’re looking for someone who is extremely organized, and has a deep sense of empathy for the people they support. Working with our team, you’ll get to see the ins and outs of different areas of the business, making an impact right from day one.
A little about us:
Victory Group is a Toronto-based hospitality group that is focused on growth and creative vision. Our working environment is flexible, respectful, and driven by individual and collective integrity. The team is composed of motivated, high energy entrepreneurs who want to invite you to an opportunity to work alongside us within the food and hospitality industry in the GTA.
We're on a mission to grow hospitality ventures that we are passionate about. Our current concepts include Toro Toro, Yokai Izakaya, Kongs Hot Tacos.
A little about you:
As a Junior Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for general bookkeeping, including ensuring accurate day to day maintenance and recording of the financial transactions of Victory Group’s clients.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications (G-Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
- Working knowledge of modern accounting software ([QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Xero] would be an asset).
- Knowledge of data management and financial data analysis.
- A degree/diploma in accounting, finance or business preferred.
- Bookkeeping certification (would be an asset).
What we'll accomplish together;
- Check and verify source documents such as invoices, receipts, etc.
- Allocate and post financial transaction details to the client's books.
- Reconcile and balance bank/credit card statements and relevant accounts.
- Prepare monthly financial statements (trial balance, income statement, balance sheet).
- Collate and analyze account data to highlight key insights
- Track and maintain inventory records.
- Maintain internal control/auditing systems.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Prepare cheques, payments and bank deposits.
- Prepare and process payroll.
- Comply with relevant reporting requirements (GST/HST, PSD, WSIB, EHT).
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Assist with audit or year-end file preparation for corporate tax return.
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records
- Communicate with vendors, managers, and key stakeholders
Job Type: FT
Benefits: Flextime, Work from home, Meal Vouchers, health benefits
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- QuickBooks: 1 year (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Concord, ON L4K 5Y6