ABOUT THE COMPANY
B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Canada, Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Columbia, Finland, and Uzbekistan. This year, B2Gold forecasts gold production to be 1,000,000- 1,080,000 ounces.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a temporary role for a 3-month duration with the possibility of extension.
The Skilled Labourer is responsible for a wide range of functions to maintain and support site operations in an organized, safe, and efficient manner. Reporting to the Supervisor, Site Services or designate, the Skilled Labourer’s primary function is ensuring site services are maintained and up to established standards, which includes the use of equipment for air strip maintenance, exploration team support, aircraft ground support, fresh water supply, signage, cleaning, waste management, maintenance, parking, safety inspections, security, general carpentry work, repair, and snow removal while working on a rotational (3x3) basis.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Site Services or Designate, duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Complete ground crew responsibilities for inbound and outbound flights;
- Maintaining general camp duties such as carpentry work to ensure site functions are maintained, and completing repairs as necessary;
- Load, unload, and identify construction materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations;
- Clean and prepare sites to eliminate possible hazards e.g. tripping hazards; and ensure all safety standards are met;
- Clean and stack salvaged material to a safe standard, clean up chemical spills and other contaminants in accordance with health and safety practices;
- Shovel, plow, and sand pathways as required during winter months; and
- Day to day activities include fueling and servicing of stationary and mobile equipment; including gensets.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a remote camp setting with limited access to resources. Additionally, they will have:
- Three to five (3-5) years’ of general labourer experience with exposure to heavy equipment. Prior work at a mine site and/or remote location is required;
- Proven carpentry experience;
- Completion of High school diploma or GED;
- Trades or heavy industry training or coursework considered an asset; and
- Ability to comprehend, read, write and converse in functional English to ensure safe working conditions on site.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The regular hourly rate of pay is $30.00, with overtime payable at $45.00 for 10-hour shifts on-site.
B2Gold Nunavut offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge, and skills, plus a group benefits package for employees and their dependents.
Due to high occupancy during this phase of construction the successful candidates(s) may be assigned shared accommodation. In this event, the incumbent(s) will be eligible for a $40.00 per day shared accommodation allowance.
APPLICATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume via Indeed.
Kitikmeot Inuit, Nunavut Inuit and Residents receive priority hiring consideration, if one these categories applies, please state it after the reference number in the subject line.
We thank all for their interest but are only considering applicants with working rights in Canada.
We will retain application material on file for future vacancies (openings within 6-12 months) for consideration; however, you are encouraged to apply to any opening you may be suited for. If selected to move forward a member of our team will be in touch.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Nunavut; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Proof of 2x covid-19 vaccination required for site access.
Work Location: In person