NorLand Limited consists of 14 specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single project. Our businesses have been making Anything. Possible. for over 65 years!
Copcan Civil, part of NorLand Limited, is an award-winning civil construction company, operating from offices in Nanaimo, Victoria, Kelowna and Rossland. The company has been in business since 1970 and has successfully completed projects throughout Vancouver Island and the BC Interior, including highways and bridge construction, underground utilities, demolitions, marine infrastructure projects, private development, and various municipal works.
As part of our program of planned expansion, we are seeking a Project Manager/Estimator to join our team in Nanaimo or Victoria, BC. The Estimator is responsible for the preparation of costs estimates and tender package submissions to acquire new civil construction projects on Vancouver Island.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage civil construction projects with the support of our management team
- Prepare accurate costs estimates and complete tender package submissions for new projects
- Manage project performance to meet schedule, budget, and contract specifications
- Complete site inspections and attend progress meetings
- Prepare/review quality control, OH&S, traffic management and environmental plans
- Manage resources, cost control, progress estimates, and contract change management
- Liaise with clients, consultants and sub-trades
- Provide support for our field teams as necessary
- 2+ years of experience in construction or engineering
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary program related to civil engineering or construction management is an asset
- Experience using estimating software is an asset
- Able to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- Strong organizational and excellent communication skills, with the ability to multitask
- Flexibility to work extended hours when required
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs, most notably Word, Excel & Project
The location of this position is flexible (Nanaimo or Victoria) based on the fit of the right candidate.
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.
Benefits of Working with COPCAN Civil:
- Copcan has a comprehensive Occupational Health & Safety Policy and employee safety is a priority on all sites
- We are committed to quality workmanship and the goal of doing things right the first time
- Employees are supported by motivated and knowledgeable staff