Are you a talented and passionate Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) looking for a new opportunity to make a meaningful impact on patient care?
If so, we have an exciting position for you at Guelph General Hospital. We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Medical Laboratory Technologist to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals who are committed to living our values of being compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative and inspired.
Current Rate of Pay: Min $33.65- Max $ 45.11
Current Shifts: All Shifts
As a Medical Laboratory Technologist, you will play a crucial role in our hospital's diagnostic process, utilizing your knowledge and skills to provide accurate laboratory results that aid in patient diagnosis and treatment.
Services are provided in Anatomical Pathology, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, and Transfusion Medicine.
Why Join Guelph General:
- Comprehensive Compensation Package: We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a range of benefits to support your overall well-being, including:
- HOOPP Pension: Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with a well-structured pension plan, ensuring financial security during your retirement years. We even match your contributions by 126%!
- For Part-Time or Casual staff, there is self-administered coverage provided by Health Care Partners (HCP).
- Education Assistance Fund & Continuous Learning: We understand the importance of continuous learning and professional growth. Our education assistance fund provides financial support for your pursuit of further education and certifications relevant to your role. We also offer great in house training programs you can attend for free.
- Employee Family Assistance Plan: We prioritize the well-being of our employees and their families. Our Employee Family Assistance Plan offers confidential counseling, support, and resources to help you navigate personal and professional challenges.
- Be an Important Part of our Interdisciplinary Team: Work in collaboration with physicians, nurses, and healthcare providers to deliver the highest standard of patient care.
- Meaningful Impact: Contribute to the well-being of patients by providing critical laboratory results that aid in diagnosis and treatment decisions.
- Great Location: Guelph is the perfect location for health care professionals seeking to make the most of life’s experiences. From our expansive trails and waterways to internationally recognized arts and cultural events, to diverse restaurants and craft breweries, the Royal City has something for everyone.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Member in good standing of the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario.
- Good understanding of, and commitment to Quality Management/Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues and physicians
Come and join our team if you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you will be supported and empowered.
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities. In pursuit of GGH’s vision of together, a healthier community for everyone, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of being compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and inspired to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.