Incisive Genetics Inc. is a Vancouver-based, privately held biotechnology company developing cutting-edge genetic therapies. We are expanding our pre-clinical pipeline and are looking to add new talent to our research and development team.
By working with us, you will have the opportunity to help build a strong scientific foundation for a rapidly growing company. Our company offers many opportunities to learn new skills, demonstrate creativity and be recognized for outstanding work. We offer competitive wages and benefits and a professional and collaborative work environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating a company where human rights are respected. We value different voices in the workplace, and we are dedicated to fostering an environment of respect, equity, and inclusion.
Reporting to the Team Lead – Chemistry, Manufacturing & Controls, the successful applicant will execute and analyze experiments in vitro and from tissue samples. Proficiency in aseptic technique, nucleic acid extraction, and downstream processing is a requirement. Some experience in CRISPR and cell culture is an asset.
- Carry out advanced genetic and/or molecular biology experiments to support the development of the pre-clinical pipeline
- Follow established protocols and carry out experiments independently
- Document and report experimental results for internal review
- Other duties, as required
- M.Sc. in a relevant biological field or B.Sc. and 3+ years experience
- Experience with aseptic technique is a requirement
- Extraction of DNA and RNA samples is a requirement
- Experience with PCR and real-time PCR is a requirement
- Experience with CRISPR, cell culture, antibody-based assays or HPLC is an asset
- Industry experience with GDP and GLP is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, statistical analysis software (e.g. R, SPSS, Prism)
- Proven attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate as an effective team player while working independently and within timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6A 0H9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- qPCR: 1 year (required)
- PCR: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-08-28