Company: Bird Construction Group Limited
400, 5700 Explorer Drive, Ontario L4W 0C6
NOC: 70010 – Construction Manager
Wage: Starting at CAD$250,000
Location(s) of work:#300-13777 Commerce Parkway, Richmond, BC V6V 2X3
Number of Positions: One (1)
Required Language Skills: English (spoken and written)
· Develop, manage, and maintain new and existing client, consultant, and trade relationships.
· Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget.
· Actively pursue and obtain new projects for Bird that fit division marketing plan and business model.
· Overseeing large projects in excess of $500M.
· Lead the development of a project strategy that secures the project, and meets or exceeds the project’s required performance, schedule, and profitability targets.
· Confirm that estimate/cost plan incorporates value for the owner, accommodates the consultant’s design intent and the targeted profitability.
· Conduct the negotiation and oversee the preparation and execution of the prime contract.
· Ensure project health, safety and environmental standards meet or exceed legislated requirements and company policy.
· Know project critical issues at all times and ensure the project team has followed up to address issues to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
· Assume the overall day to day project management responsibility for at least one major project within the region.
· Conduct performance plans and assessments with direct reports.
· 10 years’ experience in a management leadership role in a construction company
· Required experience in hospital buildings and other large complex projects
· Track record of successful commercial project management of large, complex, healthcare construction projects in excess of $500M
· Deep expertise and proven track record with respect to the continuous improvement project delivery services and value-added constructability process and practice
· Experience in gaining major bids with joint venture partners, with proven management of successful infrastructure and construction bids
· A minimum of a college level diploma/certificate in construction or a related field.
· Benefits are offered through the company’s benefits plan
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to the following email address: [email protected]
Attention: Carina Yuan
Coordinator, People & Culture
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $250,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC V6V 2X3: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Construction: 10 years (required)
Work Location: In person