Trappers Transport Ltd. is an industry leader aspiring to be the best-in-class provider of temperature-controlled food logistics services. We manage over 40,000 truckloads of freight annually and maintain close to 1.4 billion pounds of food products delivered to consumers worldwide. We boast one of the largest temperature-controlled warehousing, logistics, and transportation networks within Canada and the United States. Our customers are provided with innovative full-service logistic solutions to help reduce overall costs and enhance marketplace competitiveness.
Our brand is a reflection of our core values – great people, a great culture, and a team environment that promotes everyone to succeed. We are committed to each and every member of our team to provide training, a safe and respectful work environment, within a clean and comfortable working environment. We are proud to share our state-of-the-art transportation facility with all of our employees.
For more information, visit www.trapperstransport.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Manitoba Ozone Protection Industry Association Certification (MOPIA)
- Experience in the heavy truck and transportation industry
- Knowledge of transportation certification standards
- 5 years' experience mechanically on reefer vans and gensets / generators
- Red Seal / Journeyman license
As our Transport Refrigeration Technician, you will report to the General Shop Manager and your duties will encompass but not be limited to the following:
- Troubleshooting, diagnostics and repair on all refrigeration equipment
- Utilization of refrigeration equipment to test and change Freon systems
- Repairs to Steam Ship Line Marine Containers as authorized
- Repairs to our Chassis/Gensets/Reefer Trailer fleet as well as external customer’s equipment
- Perform all levels of preventative maintenance services Genset, Reefer Van equipment
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Perform duties with little to no supervision in a timely and efficient manner
- Use industry standard "Best Practices" to conduct repairs
- Maintain equipment employing industry "Best Standard" practices
- Structural repairs to refrigerated and dry marine containers
- Estimate and invoice entry into our operating system and customer web sites
- Perform after hours service calls on the above noted equipment as required
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, internal and external customers
- Other duties as required General Requirements/Qualifications
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits program and an annual boot and tool allowance. A career with Trappers Transport provides you with the opportunity to develop your own potential. We offer an open-minded, family environment and a work culture that empowers its employees to thrive.
Trappers Transports is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the individual and collective growth of our employees and a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$40.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-13