About us: Pannu Bros. Trucking Ltd. was established in 1976 in Abbotsford, B.C. The company has been providing quality service in hauling General Freight all over Canada & USA and specializes in refrigerated services.
- Minimum High School education is required.
- Class 1 or A Driver’s License and air brake endorsement are required.
- 1-2 year experience is desirable. However, No experience is necessary. On the job training will be provided to willing candidates.
- Proficiency to communicate in basic English.
- Willing to travel across border, for extended periods, overnight and drive as a team.
- Ability to communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular phone.
- Clean driving record.
- Operate and drive company vehicles to transport goods and materials from Abbotsford/Surrey, BC to across North America.
- Oversee different aspects of vehicles such as functioning of reefer, loading/unloading of materials.
- Operate and drive semi trucks with dry and reefer vans.
- Obtain documentation to transport across US/Canada borders.
- Plan trip logistics and prepare documentation for transportation of goods and record trip details; cargo info; distance travelled; gas consumption.
- Communicate effectively with the dispatcher and others, using electronic devices to receive and send information.
- Submit paperwork (bill of lading) effectively and maintain log books manually and electronically.
- Make sure about properly secured cargo according to safety regulations.
- Inspect overall long-haul truck’s lights, tires, turning signals, breaks, cold storage, before starting trips, on the way to the trip and after trip finished and if needed perform emergency roadside repairs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to $70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types: