At Dura-Line, we create solutions that better connect people and information across the globe. No matter how big or small a role we each play, everything we do is connected to that shared purpose . Your work with us will help reinvent the future of cities and homes, link communities to data infrastructure, expand access to health and wellness, and create critical human connections between families and friends.
St. Albert, Alberta
Full Time - Hourly Position
We offer 3 BONUSES:
- $1,500 Sign-On Bonus - paid in 3 installments
- $1,500 Employee Referral Bonus - paid in 3 installments
- Up to $1,500 Shared Success Quarterly Bonus
Competitive Pay - Benefits - Job Stability - Positive Work Culture
Work at a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility!
SHIFT: Monday to Thursday, NO Weekends
- Day Shift, 7 am – 7 pm
- Night Shift, 7 pm – 7 am
What will you be doing?
- Monitor operating parameters of product and extrusion equipment to confirm that product materials and quality requirements are being met
- Start production lines and make necessary adjustments to process conditions and to extrusion equipment including the extruder, die, water, and vacuum tank
- Monitor cooling system (both vacuum and spray) to ensure proper operation, which includes, but is not limited to, water levels within the vacuum tank, proper flow and spray pattern in spray tanks, and water temperature.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all product dimensions on production reports and accurately track “Lost Production Hours” including the reasons for lost time
- Coordinate required tooling changes with other operators that have responsibilities on the line
- Ensure pipe is marked with proper print line as specified in the quality manual
- Follow safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions – SAFETY ALWAYS
What will help you to be successful in this role?
- 1+ year of machine operating experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform best practice quality checks on line and equipment
- Observe machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction
- Ability to perform simple math, add, subtract, multiply, divide, and take measurements
- Knowledge and understanding of the smooth core procedures and operation
- Ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical issues
- Working knowledge of extruders, printers, reelers, vacuum systems, chiller systems, resin systems, pullers, quality control standards, and product specifications, preferred
- Proven history of good attendance
In Return, We Offer:
Dura-Line offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package inclusive of, but not limited to: medical benefits, dental benefits, vision benefits, paramedical, pension plan, disability and life insurance, and education reimbursement. We also offer a career development opportunities, and many other benefits in a collaborative culture that focuses on innovation & teamwork.
- $1,500 Sign-On Bonus (paid in 3 installments)
- $1,500 Employment Referral Bonus (paid in 3 installments)
- Up to $1,500 Shared Success Quarterly Bonus
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you or someone you know, please apply directly on our website at https://www.duraline.com/about-us/careers/
This could be your first step towards a meaningful career.
We thank you for your interest & We look forward to hearing from you!
Dura-Line is part of a community of businesses, known as Orbia, bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world.
Orbia’s Connectivity Solutions business Dura-Line produces more than 500 million meters of essential and innovative infrastructure per year to bring a world’s worth of information everywhere. The business group produces telecommunications conduit, cable-in-conduit and other HDPE products and solutions that create physical pathways for fiber and other network technologies—connecting cities, homes and people. To learn more, visit Business Groups | Orbia .
All employees are subject to pre-employment Background Check and employment is contingent upon successful clearance results. Dura-Line is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, encouraging diversity in the workplace. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please contact Human Resources. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on any characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Albert, AB T8N 5B1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- What are your pay rate expectations for this position?
- manufacturing: 1 year (preferred)
- extrusion: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person