Become a part of the Cobra Family:
Cobra Enterprises is a family owned and operated, fast growing business. Cobra values offer a safe and respectful work environment. Looking after employees is one of our main priorities, that is why we offer a competitive benefits package and competitive salaries, and we like to ensure that our employees take the time they need for vacation. Cobra employees also enjoy opportunities for career growth and development, the benefits of our recognition program, and a fun team environment bringing families together. Apply with Cobra Enterprises today and become part of the Cobra family.
Overview of Position:
Cobra Mechanical, a division of Cobra Enterprises is looking for HVAC / Refrigeration Journeyman. The HVAC / Refrigeration Journeyman will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing HVAC systems for Cobra’s line of Buildings and Structures. It is their responsibility to make sure air quality systems are in good working condition. The Journeyman will fabricate, install, alter, repair or service any system used for cooling and/or heating (e.g. heat pumps) in closed systems that contain a refrigerant or a brine and thermoelectric cooling. This includes piping, controls, and electrical work. The Journeyman may also connect rooftop units to gas and test and balance systems
Travel within Manitoba, up North, and across Canada is a requirement.
- Install, maintain, service, and decommission residential, commercial, and industrial heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration units and systems.
- Connect to service air delivery systems.
- Layout reference points for installation, assembling and installing components, installing wiring and cabling to connect components and equipment to an electric power supply.
- Calibrating related controls.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, and connect pipe to functional components and utilities.
- Maintain and service systems by inspecting and testing components, brazing or soldering parts to repair defective joints, adjusting and replacing worn or defective components and reassembling repair components and systems.
- Start up, test, charge, adjust, calibrate, balance, measure, verify maintain and document systems.
- Work with a variety of tools such as: hand tools, power tools, charging, diagnostic and measuring, hoisting, and rigging.
- May be required to work at heights, indoors or outdoors, or in confined spaces.
- Working with compressed gasses, flammable and toxic materials, and utilities such as electrical and hazardous chemicals as associated with the trade.
- Always adhering to safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC and R) Technician certificate
- Or; Red Seal in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning or other related certification
- 2 years experience in commercial or residential HVAC / Refrigeration installation and maintenance
- Valid Drivers License
- Working knowledge of all safety practices associated with the trade
- Experience reading blueprints, drawings, and specifications
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools associated with the trade
- Must be aware of the physical demands of the position
- Must have good coordination and manual dexterity
- Mathematical abilities
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills, working effectively in a diverse environment.
- Attention to detail
- Work under pressure
Travel to off-site locations is required, ability to lift 50+ lbs, required safety equipment, hazards and chemicals associated with the trade, work both indoors and outdoors, construction sites, noise, irregular hours and overtime as needed.
961 Mazur Ave, Beausejour Manitoba
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $37.00-$40.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you willing to travel to off-site locations, across Canada, within Manitoba, or up North regularly?
- HVAC/Refrigeration installation: 2 years (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person