Who we are
Recognized as one of Greater Toronto's Top 100 Employers, Dufferin Aggregates is a leading supplier of aggregates for the construction industry in Ontario. We operate more than 20 sites, including quarries, sand pits and distribution yards to supply crushed stone, sand and gravel, recycled crushed concrete as well as recycled crushed asphalt, for the commercial, industrial, residential and civil engineering sector.
We are a member of CRH plc, a global building materials company with a proud and successful history, a strong track record of performance and a clear commitment to safety and ethical business practices. The company employs over 90,000 people in 37 countries around the world.
Position: General Labourer
Hourly Range: $30/hr - $32/hr
Term: Full Time
Location: Acton 12791 RR # 4 L7J 2M1
- Work in a team environment with other co-workers, supervisors and managers.
- Complete cleanup assignments using shovels and/or small, heavy equipment.
- Assist in maintenance inspections and activities using appropriate procedures.
- Operate crushing and screening plant as trained and directed.
- Report any malfunctions or safety risks to supervisor immediately.
- Specific job duties will often vary from day to day depending on business needs.
Health and Safety:
- Comply with OHSA and all of its applicable regulations.
- Strict compliance with Dufferin Aggregates safety rules, PPE, policies and procedures.
- Be aware of environmentally sensitive areas and be alert to correct environmental problems that may develop in the assigned work area.
What Dufferin Aggregates Offers You:
- Pension and benefits included after probationary period.
- Shift premium(s).
- Bonus pay based on safety and performance.
- Highly competitive starting wage with multi-tier wage structure.
- Overtime opportunities are available.
- Company provided PPE including and yearly safety boot allowance
- Company paid training.
- Company sponsored social events and recognition program.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Employee Referral Program.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$32.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person