MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGISTS FOR HEMATOLOGY DEPARTMENT (CURRENT CMLTO REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE REQUIRED)
Alpha Healthcare is a public purposed private company with two clear missions: to reform community laboratory services for the benefit of patients and to build new confidence in quality assurance of health-related products. The Alpha Promise is to improve public health care by finding ever better ways to serve those who provide it.
Our highly collaborative team is seeking Medical Laboratory Technologists for the Hematology department.
- One Full-Time position (40 hours per week), Monday to Friday, evening shift (4pm – 12am), possible Saturday rotation
- One Full-Time position (40 hours per week) Monday to Friday, overnight shift (11pm - 7 am), possible Saturday rotation
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Performs routine diagnostic laboratory procedures in hematology and quality assurance procedures with excellent quality and within reasonable time.
· Ensures all procedures are performed safely; techniques are standardized, calibrated and quality controlled to confirm accuracy, reliability and precision for all tests performed.
· Ensures that premises, facilities, equipment and supplies are available, suitable and safe for use on each day of work
· Participates in the Quality Management System
· Maintains specimen testing integrity and efficient turn-around-times to ensure client and patient satisfaction
· Maintains all regulatory and standards of performance and professional conduct within assigned areas
· Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, visitors, colleagues
Qualifications and key requirements:
· CMLTO registration as a practicing Medical Laboratory Technologist in good standing
· 5 years medical laboratory experience in a hospital or community laboratory with two years in hematology an asset
· Experience with Laboratory Information System (LIS) and knowledge of MS Office
· Adapt at reading blood films
· Understanding and application of CQI
· Works well under pressure, exudes and maintains a professional demeanor
· Interacts and collaborates positively with other team members.
Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are fundamental to Alpha Labs. We live this through the strength and richness of our diverse staff. Our core values include trust, respect, and compassion.
All employees are required to submit proof of the two-dose vaccine series against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine as a condition of employment. All new hires must have received the full series at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment.
We encourage applications from individuals with a wide range of abilities and provide an accessible candidate experience. Following the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Canadian Human Rights Act, we will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of any accommodation(s) you require.
Please forward your cover letter and resume together as one PDF document.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$38.90 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
All employees are required to be fully immunized against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine as a condition of employment.
- CMLTO Registration Certificate (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-07-31