Our team members perform jobs related to the manufacturing of our world class dry-type transformers.
This position requires team members to support a multiple shift, safety minded environment that utilizes operating procedures to ensure quality, production and delivery goals for our customers.
Contributions a Coil Winder makes, all while meeting quality and delivery goals:
- Operates a power driven winding machine to wind more complex and generally larger coils (including oval) for power transformers – quality standards are critical in nature;
- Sets up assigned work to meet specification;
- Required to exercise sound judgment based on knowledge of accepted methods and procedures and question all deviation from specifications with supervisor.
- Responsible for following safe work guidelines/procedures.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives
As the ideal candidate, you will bring this to the team: Completion of High School, or GED is required*;
- Ability to read, understand and follow instructions from blueprints and engineering drawings;
- Knowledge of methods, practices, techniques, terms, definitions and standards required in the manufacture of transformers.
- Should have knowledge of copper and aluminum welding – gas & TIG
- Previous experience with metal forming, and/or assembly, with experience specific to the transformer industry considered an asset;
- Must be able to work afternoon shifts (4 – 10 hour shifts) starting at 4:15 pm.
HPS recognizes the contributions of our team members and provides future opportunities for advancement, offers attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and families, such as: * Competitive wages starting at $26.11 per hour with progressive increases up to to $29.67 an hour, within the first year;
- Group health and wellness benefits, including prescription drugs, paramedical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage;
- Group retirement pension plan with employer match;
- Employee Share ownership program;
- Optional Group RRSP planning;
- Health and Wellness program(s);
- Scholarship programs;
- Assistance program for employees and family
NOTE: Hammond Power Solutions encourages applications from all qualified candidates. HPS has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $26.11 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Machine Operator: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person