Manitobah is a vibrant global brand rooted in Indigenous culture that aims to honour and make a positive impact in Indigenous communities through their collections of artfully crafted mukluks, moccasins and lifestyle footwear that perfectly combines beauty and function, designed for both men and women to wear all year round.
Human Resources Partner
Do you have a keen understanding, with real life experiences in Indigenous culture and history? Do you have a strong commitment to diversity management and are politically and culturally sensitive? Are you self-directed with an ability to organize, plan, prioritize and multitask? Are you known for being collaborative, consultative, and customer-focused? Are you passionate to be a brand ambassador for Manitobah and champion the organization’s brand values: Love, Respect, Bravery, Truth, Humanity, Humility and Wisdom? Are you talented in your listening, mediating, and negotiating skills, with employees naturally coming to you because you provide a safe harbour for problem solving?
If so, we want you to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be responsible for supporting the organization in all people and culture-related activities. You will be a self-starter and own managing employee files, building, and maintaining HR policies and programs, building, and supporting recruitment initiatives, facilitating the orientation, and onboarding experiences, assisting with total compensation oversight including benefits administration and disability management, building, and maintaining HR analytics, planning, and facilitating training and development programs, and supporting day to day HR administrative processes.
WHAT WE OFFER
Manitobah offers a comprehensive total compensation package which includes an annual base salary, group benefits, flexible work hours, generous paid time off, 50% discount on our retail products, professional development, and our newest benefit offering called Group Savings Program.
We offer the best arrangement for those seeking work/home balance with your time split working remotely and from our beautiful head office located at the Forks in Winnipeg Manitoba.
Reports to: Human Resources Advisor
Key Relationships: Executive team, employees across Canada and US and HR services/vendors
Direct Reports: To be determined
As the Human Resources Partner, you will:
- Participate in the development and updating of organizational policies and procedures including the health and safety program.
- Work with hiring supervisors to plan, develop and implement the recruitment strategy (entry and exit) including the review and/or creation of job descriptions; prepare interview packages; conduct background checks; prepare and present employment contracts; prepare termination letters (in consultation with the HR Advisor) and conduct employee exit interviews.
- Coordinate and facilitate employee orientation and onboarding.
- Plan and communicate actions to supervisors regarding the employee performance cycle.
- Train supervisors on the performance management program.
- Consult with the HR Advisor on performance management discipline actions before advising/assisting supervisors.
- Manage the organization's employee database.
- Administer the Total Compensation Program including benefits, recognition, service, etc.
- Administer disability claims (both occupational and non-occupational).
- Create and maintain reports involving monthly HR metrics.
- Arrange and facilitate training courses and development programs. Ensure all organizational training is tracked and followed through.
- Liaise with HR vendors to ensure service expectations are met.
- Bring forward employee concerns and recommendations to the HR Advisor. Make suggestions to the HR Advisor on employee motivation strategies.
- Assist with HR budget management.
- Report on general HR activities.
· 5+ Years human resources generalist experience required.
- 2 + Years of hands-on people supervision experience is considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge and experience applying Canadian labour law.
- Excellent understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Knowledge of HR tools and systems available to support HR reporting and employee information. Experience with Applicant Tracking Software is an asset.
· Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications, including Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive & Outlook.
Educational Position Requirements:
· Completion of a recognized Human Resource Management certificate.
Apply Career Opportunities – ManitobahManitobah is dedicated to a greater cultural diversity throughout our business operations and hiring process. Manitobah is committed to hiring Indigenous employees wherever possible. More details available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$125,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Human resources: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Winnipeg, MB R3C 4S8