RN (Registered Nurse)
Crown Ridge Health Care Services Inc operates Westgate Lodge Long-Term Care Home in Belleville, Ontario. Crown Ridge Place is home to 73 long-term care residents and employs more than 75 employees.
We are passionate about our Mission statement “Embracing Life's Journey" for our residents and employees.
As a Family-owned and Operated Employer, we are committed to our employees' well-being and encourage a lifestyle promoting wellness and work-life harmony.
We follow a ‘People’ focused approach supporting our residents, employees, and visitors through our CROWN values.
Creative. Respect. Outstanding. Welcoming. Nurturing.
Our team is currently hiring a:
Full-time and Part-time RNs
If you are energetic about joining a team that is committed to a collaborative team approach, contact us!
What will you do.
- Reports to the Director of Nursing
- Observes, assesses, reports, records, evaluates, and communicates pertinent information on residents’ needs/changes to members of the Multidisciplinary Team
- Assesses resident condition through recognition and interpretation of signs and symptoms and, where appropriate, institutes medical health measures as directed by a physician
- Develops, modifies, and implements Resident Care Plans as required
- Administers medications and treatments in compliance with the policies of the dispensing pharmacy, the Home, and the Standards of the College of Nurses
- Documents and reports all errors and omissions
- Assists with lifting/transferring of residents as required.
- Receives, processes and checks physician orders as per policies of the Home
- Must represent, understand, and be committed to the Mission and Values of the home
- Performs nursing procedures and rehabilitative techniques to increase residents’ independence and maintain their level of functioning in Restorative Care Programs.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care in compliance with the legislative requirements, the College of Nurses, and the policies of the Home.
- Replaces departmental staff absences as required. Responsible for all department staff replacement in absence of the department supervisor.
- Performs supervisory duties in promoting the health and safety of workers and complies with the duties of the worker in compliance with the Health and Safety Act
- Coordinates staff activities in event of an emergency
- Participates in organizing fire drills and safety measures for all personnel.
- Maintains environmental safety in the home and reports to the appropriate Department Head any hazards which require attention.
- Documents and investigates resident/employee incidents and complaints.
- Acts as In Charge Building Supervisor in the absence of D.O.N./Administrator
What will you need.
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Maintains Annual RN Certification Requirements as per the Policy of the Home and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comprehensive knowledge of long-term health care practices and techniques including courses or experience in long term care
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid
- Good computer knowledge and proficiency is required
- Vulnerable sector check
- 2 step TB test
- CPR, First Aid- an asset
- Competitive pay with the opportunity to grow
- Exceptional health benefits for permanent part-time and full-time for you and your family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Set up to succeed in your role with a detailed onboarding and training process
- On-site fitness center and relaxing massage chair in private room (with the redevelopment)
- Wellness incentive program; promote work-life balance
- Free parking
We are dedicated to making our homes comfortable, enjoyable, and secure places to work. Everyone is welcome and you can be yourself. We are looking to add to our outstanding team as soon as possible.
We no longer require staff to be vaccinated against COVID. Our homes continue to encourage all individuals who wish to enter our homes to be vaccinated. Must adhere to COVID protocols.
- 8-hour shift
- Day, Afternoon and Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Evening, night, weekend and extra weekend off premium
Job Types: Casual, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $30.59-$46.31 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Belleville, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (preferred)
Work Location: In person