Looking for something a little different? If you have superior customer service skills and want to join a unique, entertainment industry, we want to talk to you.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Food & Beverage Manager or designate, this position ensures each guest is attended to in a courteous and timely manner. Concession Servers take meal orders and relays special instructions to the kitchen staff. Then they serve the meals to the guest and clears and cleans tables and chairs afterwards. They take payment and accurately complete their shift paperwork. This can be a part-time or full-time position (with cross training in other areas) but the candidate must be available days, evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities (includes but is not limited to):
- Welcome guests in a personable, professional and entertaining manner while understanding the diversity of players.
- Take orders and payment, deliver meal to tables, return dishes to kitchen and operate commercial dishwasher as needed
- Remain calm and in control when events such as multiple orders occur.
- Maintain awareness of environment and safety around equipment/appliances
- Stock supplies, keep area clean and balance cash at end of shift.
- Clean and sanitize tables and chairs between patrons.
- Understand and respond to customer inquiries regarding menu items, promotions, and any other product or service offered at Chances Cowichan.
- Immediately see to potential safety hazards and report as necessary to shift manager.
- Undertake other tasks and housekeeping duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Comply with the Chances Cowichan dress code and other policies.
- Exceptional customer service and resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak courteously in any situation.
- Ability to do basic, quick math.
- Experience with Squirrel system and a current Food Safe certificate an asset.
- Accurately accept and count cash and make change.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to stand for long periods of time in a noisy environment.
- Basic computer skills for training and possible cross training in other areas of the facility.
- Serving It Right and Food Safe are assets.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be legally able to work in Canada and reasonably within commuting distance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $19.33 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person